[Dev Blog] Alpha 4 (Build 114) Pushed to Steam Unstable

I start a game and put a house inside the house carpenter’s table, construllo another house to place beds, to build the next house half remain unemployed, and keep starting over, and jumps me that error, do I upload my departure saved?

Dropbox - Error SAVE

@sdee I’ve noticed that the silkweed and cloth aren’t in the proper stockpile categories. As soon as I turn something off they automatically aren’t stockpiled anywhere even with thread and fiber turned on. (Similar to the tool bug you guys had earlier)

Graa! Are there any other stockpile filter bugs you’ve noticed? The stockpile filter broke entirely 4 weeks ago, so I want to check on the scope of the problem. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not that I’ve noticed. I’ll let you know if I run into any though.

2 Likes

I’m so excited to play but whenever I open a new game, I start to clear trees, place stock piles, and build farms, and then it says “Stonehearth (Not Responding)”… So sad… :frowning:

Well, for me, I’d kind of like to see the <3 pet <3 feature return, as well (friend). But yes, other than that, the trapper is fantastic now.

This might be a good place for it :smiley:

3 Likes

Try turning down all your graphics settings and see if that helps. Posting your specs could help too!

2 Likes

Just turned off Ambient Occlusion, still has issues…
Processor: AMD FX™-4100 Quad-Core Processor 3.60GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB
64-bit Windows 8.1
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

1 Like

i’ll file a formal report in a bit (i’m off to get the kids ready for bed), but here’s a quick summary of two “bugs” I came across:

1. I can’t seem to place picket fences (user error perhaps?)

2. the descriptions for two items need minor punctuation tweaks:

• Rabbit pelt

• Soft, supple, and quite dead. :point_left: (.)

• Silkweed bundle

• Spinnable into thread. :point_left: (.)

oh, and yes… this is by far the most enjoyable/polished build to date… :smiley:

the systems are starting to feel very solid, and our actions seem to flow very naturally now (citizen promotions, building, harvesting, etc.)… :+1:

2 Likes

We took out placement because of the overlap issue and have not yet implemented “place fence” via the build UI.

Thanks for the punctuation notes!! :slight_smile: Much appreciated

3 Likes

I almost got a heart attack myself but sins they are from different nations they can’t posebly be relatet… can they?

looks around nervously

…right? :fearful:

1 Like

I suggested this here. Thanks for agreeing :slight_smile:

well then, i’ll just third the suggestion… i kept hovering over the trapper area and the highlight was at times a bit jarring… :smile:

however, the trapper 2.0 unit overall is absolutely a move in the right direction… the actions required to use the unit make more sense (in the context of the existing UI tools), and, well… it’s just more fun to play with now! :smiley:

1 Like

Agreed completely. I much prefer watching fun AI/simulations over doing the micromanaging myself.

I clicked defense mode and this error popped up,
https://imageshack.com/i/kq8ni16Uj1
They don’t place the windows, they place the ladder under the window but not the window.
Sometimes there are errors when loading.
https://imageshack.com/i/p8eRMwK6j
In this picture I place ladders but I place another ladder on top because I want to reach the roof and I can’t remove the first ladder, the second are built on top of it.
https://imageshack.com/i/hjfWzp2ej
https://imageshack.com/i/km4KQbSDj
I hope this is helpful smile

Another one (may have already been reported) after extended play: Profession like carpenter and weaver refuse to work after a while even when all materials are present. this happens when they start to take couple step and sits down for a split second then repeat. Sometimes they will still respond to gathering request and helps out the villagers.

Addition: the bugged profession will not respond to “call to arms” button (no combat stance like others)

1 Like

Thought i’d post up my experience with 114.

This is really shaping up into feeling like a full fledged game. For one full hour when there were no bugs and everything was working smoothly, I completely forgot I was playing an alpha build.

I had a home built (With doors AND windows!!!), a nice little farm going, 8 villagers, new clothes, plenty of food, and easily chased off a few goblin thieves with defense mode.

The second home was the first sign that my workers were beginning to get lazy… they flat out refused to put windows in, but i guess they enjoy a nice breeze from the outside.

A 9th villager joined so I decided a nice eating area and a house on the hill was needed.

The game actually started having problems at this point, it crashed once, then I got the dreaded head-bug (Got around it by going back about 4 saves, i’m very glad i save a lot).

Right now the game is running smoothly. No matter how lazy my workers get, if I set them to harvest a bunch of trees they snap to and start working normally again.

Here’s a nice little peaceful shot of my little village. Nice work Radiant, I can’t wait to see more!

3 Likes

That sounds fantastic, Silas! Seems like you got slightly luckier than I did with your bugs and such, and also you’re just wiser in that you saved more. Regardless, nice story, and your village looks very pretty and, indeed, peaceful.

2 Likes

Thanks Phagocytosis. I do feel like i got pretty lucky with my bugs compared to a lot of people and I think I got to experience the game that the developers wanted players to experience for 114.

Itching to get home and keep playing.

1 Like

agreed, excellent feedback! and that’s quite the settlement you have going there @Silas:smiley:

this seems to be a recurring theme/comment… @sdee, @not_owen_wilson … does this perhaps shed some light as to the “AI issues” at hand here?

2 Likes