Desktop Tuesday: Complex Rooms

Don’t worry, I ate a Snickers before I decided to write this. That being said, I am irritated with the attitudes I get any more and how this game isn’t going anywhere near what it was originally advertised as or has been.

Please show me where anything that’s been said that opposes an idea y’all have had, actually influenced the direction of the game recently. Because from where I’m sitting, all I see is a bunch of Yes Men on this forum, that half are too afraid to voice their opinion, and that’s how y’all want to keep it. I say this, because when I do go against the grain of this forum, I’m greeted with:

as if it’s wrong of me to have problems with the fact, that this game isn’t going anywhere near where it was originally said to go, and now is being changed into a game that doesn’t even sound like the Stonehearth many of us have been playing for the last 2 years.

To me, and I’m sure to others, this building editor is a copy of The Sims 4. And for those that think I’m talking out my ass, let me demonstrate:

Resizing Wall Tool

Moving Rooms Around

Combining Rooms

Raising And Lowering Wall Height

So how is this Stonehearth like at all? If I wanted to play The Sims 4, I’d head over to EA and give them the money that I accidentally used to back this project that is now being planned to be The Sims 4 meets League Of Legends in Kakariko Village.

After what I’ve just shown, please explain to me how this isn’t a replication of The Sims.

And this is understandable. But y’all don’t even care anymore about who you’re alienating or why. With each Desktop Tuesday, y’all roll out another change, and when there’s opposition, it’s basically met with “deal with it” or you get short vague answers.

I know for PR reasons you have to be careful what you say, but it’d be nice to actually know the truth for once. So answer this for me, and please be honest and answer the question in full, not partial like so many other responses.

How is Stonehearth changing for the better, by imitating some of the larger cash cows out there?

Anymore, these changes and plans are moving the game in a direction that’s more focused on bringing in new players rather than rewarding the ones that stick with a game. For the longest time, many of us have been told and seen the game as a sandbox, and some members here have even had their builds shown off for the level of their creativity. I’m sorry, but you can’t tell me that this editor will make things easier for designs like these:

So what, we should alienate the people that want to build like this, and that’s an acceptable sacrifice for y’all? Are all these monumental builds (and I’m sure I can find more) “not in the style of Stonehearth”?

3 Likes