Desired Mod Requests, Aviex wants to do a new mod

maybe Cube World can inspire you?

1 Like

Cube world has some fantastic dungeons, only if it were updated :confused:

1 Like

I would definitely say add a new kingdom/faction if youā€™re looking for a time consuming labor intensive pursuit. Perhaps playable goblin faction or undead. Not only would that give you a ton of stuff to work on, it would spark other modders to make appropriate furniture and decorative items.

In fact I believe @Fornjotr had already started working on some goblin decorationsā€¦at least I think they were hisā€¦

Iā€™d recommend checking to see if someone is working on an actual goblin kingdom with him to avoid steppinā€™ on any toes. Oh yeah and I believe @BrunoSupremo supplied the swamp, but I could be wrong.

Edit: Okay given the info @BrunoSupremo just shared Iā€™d say Undead faction + biome would probably be wildly popular. Especially reworking all the classes to fit into the theme.

1 Like

Yeah, we were trying to avoid spoilers cause it is too soon. Anyway, what we are doing is a biome+kingdom mod, using an old swamp biome I had and a new kind of goblins to habit it as the playable race (not the same group from the hearthlings quests).

3 Likes

ahaha yes, what Bruno just said :jubilant:

But yes new kingdoms would be great to see aaaand is alot of work to keep one occupied.

i would love to see dungeons though! And i know alot of players would be really ecxited over that!

I presume you want to make a solo project @Aviex? But if you think the swamp goblin project sounds like something you would want to get involved in, then send me an PM :wink:

1 Like

If dungeons sound fun, then Iā€™d suggest starting out with above-ground ruins* ā€“ using the undead ā€œcampsā€ (graveyards) as a starting example, you can add a lot of features by making use of what the game already has up and running.

Graveyards and the tech behind them would allow, off the top of my head:

• spawning large structures into the world, with furniture and items included
  • getting enemies to spawn with the structure (i.e. guard mobs), as well as spawning waves of attackers (incentive to clear out the dungeon rather than just ignoring it)
  • rewards (loot drops) for clearing the dungeon
  • ties into the events and campaigns/missions ā€“ you could create a whole treasure hunt which takes you from one ruin/dungeon to the next, following scraps of ancient lore, and the end reward is an impressive item like an ancient weapon or a cool fountain. Can also allow for limited-time dungeons.

Ruins* can actually incorporate a lot of different options ā€“ as long as itā€™s above ground, you can go wild with a model for it. Intact abbeys/cathedrals, haunted houses, demonic portals above a dark altarā€¦ even just a mountain/hill with a cave in it. If you can get them to generate at world creation (and Iā€™m pretty sure you can have an event start as soon as the world loads, in other words: yes you can), you could even have whole ā€œmini-biomesā€ generate in to modify the map. Imagine, for example, a ā€œdragon spiresā€ region in the mountains; or a forbidding forest region where not all of the trees are simply normal trees.

2 Likes

He wants to directly fully release it so thatā€™s why he doesnā€™t update it now

So far the idea of dungeons sounds the most do-able mod that would be impactful.

Would basically require a biome modded version of existing biomes to work.

Problem is thereā€™d be no point in making dungeons without any real reward to it. Might require some expansion on the currently existing weapons.

Hereā€™s my current mock-up of how the mod could go.

I only spent about 20mins really thinking about how it could go but Iā€™m open to really any idea.

New weapons that are drops only from these dungeon mobs

• These weapons could all follow a theme based on the weapons the enemies used or just random.
  • These weapons could be relatively anything and could allow for people to suggest weapons or even make them.
  • These weapons would be better versions of the current ā€œbestā€ weapons in the game.
  • These weapons could be needed to kill even harder dungeons(see tiered dungeons)

Loot chests(similar to the ones existing already) that would have the chance to contain even greater weapons

• These chests could contain weapons like previously stated, or perhaps super rare fragments of weapons required to make one ā€œultimaā€ tier weapon.
  • These chest could contain gold galore and would be nice when combined with a ā€œbetter merchantsā€ mod.
  • These chests could contain materials or special foods that would apply buffs to your hearthlings.

New mobs that are more challenging than the existing ones

• Mobs to provide a challenge and a reason to go dungeoneering.
  • Mobs to give more ā€œend gameā€ to the combat of Stonehearth

Tiers of dungeons that would only spawn at certain depths

• These dungeons would be of various difficulties and themes.
  • These dungeons would contain some of even the most gruesome monsters.
  • These dungeons could have bosses similar to the goblin and kobold bosses that exist now.

The mobs in the earlier dungeons would be about the difficulty difference of normal mode and hard mode mobs

• Basically just an expansion on how the progression would set up.
  • These dwellers of dungeons wouldā€™ve been toughened by the rough life of the dungeons

Possible randomization or at least faked randomization of ā€œmagic weaponsā€.

• This is a pretty common dungeon crawler/rpg aspect that could make dungeoneering more exciting.
  • These magic weapons would have small random ā€œboostsā€ to them such as attack speed+ and damage+
  • These could even include ā€œTOPā€ bonuses such as life drain, burn on hit and frost slows.
8 Likes

That sounds magical, you have my support. If you need any ideas feel free to msg me!

Mages! Mages! Mages!
And maybe in a dungeon mini bosses/main boss?
and I really like the idea of the augmented weapons. A bit like the archer with his arrows.

Mages are a common mod that people are working on and I wouldnā€™t want to take over anyone elseā€™s thunder.

Iā€™m still gonna wait for any more ideas and maybe start on the mod Iā€™ll be doing in july.

1 Like

What about the bunny god idea? Cultist are in the game. Maybe play with that? o o

Having dungeons as a mod sounds like a great idea. Digging a mine and suddenly finding a deadly enemy guarding treasure. I wonder if it is possible to have a building spawned when the world is generated right at the beginning. You choose your settlement camp but then notice off in the distance a crypt, or tower or something. Build your city up, get a decent military, then send your troops off to explore it. Hmmm not sure how feasible that would be.

1 Like

Iā€™m all for Dungeons. Pull some ideas from World of Warcraft or Diablo. Some could be quicker while others might be more story driven.

You could have a cave with a sleeping dragon (pay gold to appease him and you might get a reward or kill him and take what you want). You could even add in additional enemies and items.

You could have random structures placed within the seed at generation. Crypts (great with a Necromancer mod) where you can find artifacts (equipment that have passive bonuses). Maybe even some gold. Face off against against a big baddie who wants to eat your face.

Or, alternatively, you could make a Skyrim mod that adds in a multitude of craftable items for the players. These items could be placed (player housing).

Or if you donā€™t want to do any of these, why not a new piece of equipment for the hearthing to use called ā€œTent.ā€ Allowing the hearthling to sleep in the wild without suffering the debuff (unless theyā€™ve been gone for more than 3 days). This would need something to allow hearthlings to store food while out. Maybe make a Travelerā€™s Expedition mod. Horses, saddle bags, backpacks, camp fires, randomized weather, etc.

If youā€™re still interested in something big to work on, and not already preoccupied with something, then Iā€™m going to do some shameless self-advertising here :fearful: . If this is considered out of line on this forum, then please, for the love of God, ask me to delete this reply or ask a moderator to.

Iā€™d honestly take any and all help I can get, especially from bold coders (who will go where none have gone before) and artists who know how to stick to a theme; of which I believe you fall in at least one of those categories.