Descendants of Númenor (MOD)

You’re on the right track. I don’t know how much of that you understand, but let’s go through some basic stuff here just in case.

This file contains all the effects that the lantern will run. I won’t go into much detail in this one, but I mostly want you to note that for the effect you’re looking for, the best way would be to have 5 instances of this (one for each candle):

"cubemitter": {
         "type": "cubemitter",
         "cubemitter": "MY_CUBEMITTER",
         "loop": true,
         "transforms": {
            "x":0,
            "y":1.0,
            "z":0.1,
            "rx":90,
            "ry":0,
            "rz":0
         }
      }

And the second one in that file (the one for the actual light), it’s enough to have just one instance of that. So you’ll get this:

Of course to change the positions of each effect (in order to position them on each candle), you’ll have to change the values within the transforms. The values you need can pretty much be found by trial and error.

That one has all the values for playing that particular cubemitter effect. The names in there are pretty self explanatory in what they do, but you can just play around with the values and see what happens and until you get the desired effect.

It’s the same as above but for the light source instead. Again, just play around with the values found there.

I say playing around with the values here, but it’s also great to be able to quickly see the changes you’ve made. There is some line you can add to your user_settings file to see the changes ingame as you make them, but I can’t currently remember what it is. :confused: (maybe someone else knows it?)

But the next best thing is the unofficial SHED. You’d just have to change the settings there so it can find your stonehearth mods folder. But after that you can see the changes in real time in the effects editor for an effect while your making your changes.

5 Likes