Demolished Turret Counting Toward Total

_Hello friends._I just have a small problem concerning the engineer.

As a typical rule during my games, I like my turrets to be behind walls to prevent them from getting swarmed by melee units. There’s a bit of a problem with that since they don’t shoot through said walls, so my workaround has been to build a small 3x3 raised platform to place the turrets on behind a gate, so my engineer can repair or replace it as needed and it can still fire over the walls relatively safely.

My error revolves around doing that- I’m sort of semi-OCD about the material I use for the flooring because I like it to blend with the environment, and I built the platform with the turret on it with the wrong color. After realizing it, I demolished it, with the turret still on it. The turret disappeared, but the number of turrets placed counter either never went back down or the turret never properly got removed from the world.

My question is whether there’s a way to fix this counter naturally, since I can’t remove the said turret any longer, or if there’s a way to manually adjust how many turrets the game has registered via a console command or file edit.

I don’t really want to start a new save just because I can’t use an optimal number of turrets, so any help is appreciated.

Hey there @Jammer622, I’m not quite sure how to resolve this, but one of the devs might. Unfortunately, they’re all traveling to Boston tomorrow for PAX East - so it may be a bit before someone can help.

In the meantime, (as they’ll likely ask for it anyway), can you upload the broken save?
To upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

Alright. It’s an 8mb file, 26 current hearthlings in a mostly cave town - for performance guesstimates.
I don’t really mind if anyone wants to use the save for themselves. There’s quite a few incomplete things anyways.

The missing turret was placed in the empty square area to the right when facing toward the mountain. Builders are currently replacing the tiles. There’s an extra turnip shooter in stock that cannot be placed, as the turret count is 2/2. The only other placed turret is opposite the farm in a similar fashion.

Jammer622_SaveGame.zip (8.0 MB)

1 Like

Solved it.
@jomaxro For whatever reason, there were two turrets in the same exact position - found that out when I tried to move my other one. How it got there, the world may never know? Thanks for giving me a better idea of how to do my support tickets at least. I don’t know if you can close down threads or not but this one’s no longer needed.

1 Like

Wonderful! I’m glad you were able to figure it out. I’ll move this topic to #support:resolved-reports.