1. press “r” 4 times really quick.

Expected Results:
Defense mode should be disabled and banner should disappear

Actual Results:
Defense mode gets disabled but banner gets stuck

Versions and Mods:
release-489 from steam

3 Likes

I can confirm this! In my case, depsite hearing the “ding, ding” sound that usually indicates Defense Mode is off, my Hearthlings continues to not work and maintain a readiness stance. Saving and reloading the game did resolve the issue, however.

2 Likes

you know, I always wonder what goes through people’s minds when they discover this.

it pleases me to see we have someone of such insanity as a tester lol

1 Like

@Ridesdragons in my case, my natural assumption for “rotate this item” was pressing the “r” button… with surprise consequences.

1 Like

oh, well, compliment revoked then! lol

insanity is a good thing in a tester, though. when releasing a product to millions, there’s bound to be things that no one could possibly think of that someone does, sometimes this causes an exploit, other times it breaks the game. it’s good to catch it early on.

I actually intended on doing such a thing myself, but after what happened with the building editor, I gave up messing with the system too much lol.

but I know that feeling of pressing one key meaning to do one thing and it doing something completely different lol. like how after playing GW2 for a while, then playing skyrim for the first time in a long while, I hit f to access things and end up getting put into 3rd person mode lol

sorry to necro thread. I just experienced this issue with release 469

No worries about necroing, we (the mods) prefer it to 10 threads for the same thing! Just want to confirm you release version: do you mean 489? To the best of my knowledge, we have never had a release 469…

######and sometimes we move your posts around too!

Oops. Ya 489.

[Extra characters to surpass the 20 char min for posts]

Summary: When pressing r(Town Defense mode) too many times in quick succession Hearthlings get confused and won’t exit mode then freeze up.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Forget that , and . rotate an object because you’ve been playing Factorio too much and try to rotate an object with R in quick succession
  2. Hearthlings freeze and are stuck in combat mode

Expected Results: Hearthlings seamlessly return to their jobs after pressing R again

Actual Results: Hearthlings remain with little red ! over their head motionless. Persists through save.

Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use: [2865 x64] No mods

System Information:
Win 10
AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G 3.90GHz

16GB Ram (14.9 GB usable)

Thanks for the report! A fix will be included in the next unstable release.
-Linda

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply! Wow!

1 Like