[Dear Tom] Live Stream 4PM PST - Feb 7th 2014

as mentioned in today’s Desktop Tuesday, we’ll have another live stream this Friday!

As promised, we’re resuming a regular stream schedule. I’ll be streaming on Twitch this Friday at 4:00 PM. The agenda isn’t really set yet. If there’s something you would like to see in particular, let me know in a comment to this post!

there is no set agenda, so feel free to post your general questions here… :+1:

please note: random comments of “heck yeah!”, while appreciated, will likely be removed to help focus on the questions… :smile:

:point_right: Time & Date link

4PM PST = 6PM CST = 7PM EST

some other helpful conversions:

Oslo (Norway) = 01:00 AM
Berlin (Germany) = 01:00 AM
Amsterdam (Netherlands) = 01:00 AM
Sydney (Australia) = 11:00 AM Saturday
Paris (France) = 01:00 AM
Moscow (Russia) = 03:00 AM
London (England) = 00:00 AM
3 Likes

This topic is now pinned. It will appear at the top of its category until it is either unpinned by a moderator, or the Clear Pin button is pressed.

I have a good question (In my opinion)
When will we start to see the beginnings of combat in the game? (actual enemies)

1 Like
  • As we are starting to see the modding API with the next Patch, can you share some ideas about how the “Modding Repository” might work in the future?

• I understand that “access” to some Lua-functions will be limited in the next Patch. What are your plans for the future in terms of Modding and Lua? More complex mods will probably require a solid API also towards Lua.

• How is the office looking like in the meanwhile? Short tour?

• How is Albert doing with his work on the Terrain Generation? Will we see something from that direction soon?

7 Likes

I moved 8 posts to a new topic: Feb 7 2014 Live Stream [side discussions]

• How is the music coming along? How much variety can we expect overall and when will we start to hear some more of @Doug’s work?

• Any news on the hiring of a concept artist?

2 Likes

Warsaw (Poland) - 01:00 AM

I am often active during the night in Poland, so count me in :smile:

But questions. Propably not-so-clever, collected from players in Polish community:

• Does ‘height changing thingies’ like stairs, ladders or something will be available with saves?
  • On what elements will the Team focus next?
  • How will ALL members of the Radiant Team look as a Stonehearth Villagers? Does exist any screen with all of them or something?
  • Will players will be able to customize their ‘village’ without modding? I mean for example, editing the flag (Camp Standard) or adding the insignia on clothes in-game.
  • Will villagers have their hairstyles in character sheet?

When is the team planning on implementing mining etc. and also new building block types? ( For myself and all those builders out there ;D )

@SteveAdamo, How’d you get 9AM? We don’t even have a +9 timezone, for reference though Melbourne and Sydney are +11 for AEDT.

As for questions there is a couple of questions about modding with currently one most critical question for me that seriously inhibits my desired modding, enough so that I can’t really do anything without it.

• How can we save settings/data/anything for our mods?
  • Could feeding string of the the contents of the file instead of the file() stuff ever work? Because that’s all we technically need for an ingame voxel editor/animator if someone were to try.

means of accessing higher elevations will be available, yes…

the next big “to do” is save games… you can also take a look at the road map for a rough idea of where the team will be focusing their time… :+1:

just going to toss in an official (related) quote:

Can we paint our own flags or emblems and place them buildings?

That’s a great idea which we want to support, but it’s a pebble… it’s the kinda thing where if we don’t have it you’d miss it, but you’re not going to be really pissed off, and then when it comes in you get happy. So eventually we will support that, but it’s not high on the list.

apologies, i thought i pulled that from some random date/time website… funnily enough, Sydney is listed in the date&time link i provided… :sweat_smile: the OP has been updated accordingly… :+1:

• How big can a village get, like 30+ or maybe even 100+?

• When will enemies be implemented into the game, and what is the first enemy mob to be put into the game?

• Will villages be affected in different biomes? For instance in a jungle biome villagers build in trees to escape animals on the ground.

• Are the dragons coming?

We are thinking that a city, a big city, would have 50-100 people. Beyond the hundred people it starts to get kinda crazy, we want you to be able to recognize people on sight and say: “oh ya there’s Merv Buryhands he’s my worker that I promoted to a carpenter and is now a Master Carver,” so that kinda puts a cap on it.

Will floor tiles be implemented with polygonal designs?

Will defensive weapons be added with enemies? (like boiling oil and ballistas on top of walls)

Will the Sun and Moon be added to the sky?

How soon after the weaver is added will we see the shepard so we can gather sheep to help get weaver needed material?

How much tweaking do you think one mod could do? and do you want to encourage complete overhaul mods?

Pretty much anything and everything. The game has been built from the ground up with modding in mind … there was an extremely early question about the ability of overhauling Stonehearth with a sci-fi mod which the team said was absolutely possible, just with a bit of work.

I would imagine the team would want to encourage modding of all shapes and sizes, and see what creative things people can come up with!

1 Like

Until a few days ago I would have agreed without thinking about it. In the meanwhile this is also a question I have (see my post above), as there will be some “limitations” introduced in terms of Lua. I am not very familiar on the changes and the whole Lua-part of modding so far… but am also curious what the overall “strategy” is and what we have to expect from that side :wink:.

1 Like

How will you manage the creation of building (customization) like the fortress or just simple house? Will it be like your videos on your Youtube channel?

Can we expect a fisherman and boat? because you plan to add water I was thinking about it.

Could we build walls more developped than we have to defend us?

Could we see the differents skills of our citizens in their character sheet, their experience and their efficiency at their job?

In the next update, can we expect to see the first clothes for our citizens? so a beginning of the citizen’s equipment.

What kind of scenarios do you plan to add at the game?

• Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck or a hundred duck-sized horses (in your new office)?

Wasn’t this asked before? Or am I just making that up?

In another thread someone suggested spectator mode, and you talked about [quote=“Geoffers747, post:8, topic:5181”]
An RPG set in your Stonehearth worlds, amazing.
[/quote]

Do you think that’d be possible to mod in? An ability to stop building, choose a villager, and live their life?