Dani's Modding Corner

Seeing as half the forum has shifted their efforts to the ACE project, I don’t think people will complain. Hehe. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Edited the OP!

• Added some of my mod ideas (but not all!)
  • Updated what is being worked on and added a notice about ACE

But most importantly…

Dani’s Core Mod updated to 1.2!

(July 30th, 2018) v1.2

• Cleaned and fixed for Stonehearth 1.0
  • Added a new color_map in preparation for other mods.
  • New functionality added: a secondary Proper Cooler for the Cooling Service

and finally - not the update you all deserve but the update you all need:

Glassworks updated to 1.1!

(July 30th, 2018) v1.1

• Fixed the issue where the stone windows added by Team Radiant would be overriden by my own Stone Windows.
  • Removed the Stone windows from the Mason. Entities have not been removed to not break existing saves.
  • Changed all the glass stone windows, arch window and glass arch windows to the new stone furniture style created by Team Radiant.
  • Added a recipe to make sand from stone for the mason and one to make sand from clay for the potter. Both operate on a 2:1 ratio and should fix the issue of the mining loot tables not working for certain biomes.
  • Added support for specific biomes including the new official biome (Arctic) and some popular mods like Archipelago Biome, Savanna, Lorki’s, Canyon Biome, White Cliffs, etc.
  • Significantly increased the drop rate of sand on all biomes.
  • Slightly increased the drop rate of Obsidian on mining and significantly increased it for gold and silver
    ore nodes. Now you have a reason to go hunt them ores :merry:
  • Fixed some stuttering and crafting issues.
  • Fixed a couple of localization issues.

Examples of the new stone windows:

Thank you all very much for the support, as usual :merry: :heart:
And I hope you enjoy it!

2 Likes

Trapper+ finally released :smiley:

Link added to the main post:
https://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/37927

Trapper+'s submod, Taxidermy is also out!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1487447549

Here’s a couple of pictures from that one:

Have fun everyone, and remember to enjoy your Warm-wolves!

6 Likes

A very little teaser for what to expect from the next mod :merry:

Have nothing much else to show yet, as stated on the original thread, been dedicating most of my free/modding time to ACE at the moment :jubilant:

This will be quite a simple mod at first, I suppose. But I love the potential! :merry:
Anyway, that’s all for now.

Oh, and I was asked about donations (!!! :heart:), something I did not think of before - but because of it I added a Ko-fi “Buy me a coffee” tipping button to my thread and my mods. Sorry not sorry :flushed:
Things in Brazil aren’t the best at the moment anyway and every little counts, I guess! :merry: So feel free to use that if you wish :3

Stay warm!

4 Likes

dani, why do you and i work on the same ideas at the same time XD? (but i gave it up because it didnt look good when i fiddled with it) if you need some smoke effects for those…let me know :stuck_out_tongue:
(put an opening at the bottom with smouldering embers and a fire when in operation! you know you want to!)

1 Like

GLASSWORKS updated to 1.2!

Not a big update (again :expressionless: ) but a very important one since it solves two very game breaking issues that were definitely plaguing the mod.

Here are the official notes:

September 23rd; v1.2

• Fixed the issue with the Glassmith’s Bench where it would sometimes stuck the crafter.
  • Fixed the issues/typos that were preventing mining drops to function as intended. You should now notice a much increased dropping rate of everything; sand, salts and Obsidian. Please note that Obsidian is intentionally rare and will very rarely (if ever) drop from regular rock. For more promising prospects of finding it, you should seek Silver and Gold ore veins. They have a much increased chance of dropping it.
  • Added three new pieces of storage/furniture, one for each basic crafter (Potter, Mason and Carpenter). These new shelves can hold up to 128 items but only salts or flakes, becoming a very efficient way to storage your overflow of salts. Please note that they require glass pots to be crafted.
4 Likes

GLASSWORKS updated to 1.2!

November 11th; v1.2.1

• Fixed the issue with the Glassmith’s Bench. Again. Hopefully for good this time! :jubilant:

For it to work, you’ll need a new bench! So destroy your old one and craft a new one :slight_smile:

Just editing to add:
Alright, let’s try this. Third time is the charm, right?!

GLASSWORKS updated to 1.2.2!

November 13th; v1.2.2

• Fixed the issue with the Glassmith’s Bench. AGAIN!!! This time for good!
  • Slightly increased the drop rates for some salts. They still only drop on actual ore nodes, though.
    For example, if you want Titanium salts, you need to mine iron ore blocks.
  • Added Large Pots for all salts and Large Urns for all ashes and common minerals. These work like resource piles, you have to harvest them for their resources, and once they are finished you get the empty pot or urn as a drop.
  • Added recipes for such pots and urns. They can be bought from Town Level 3 Traders but you can also craft your own if you wish. Potters will craft the urns and masons will craft the pots - as weird as this sounds. :stuck_out_tongue:

That is it!
Let’s hope it works this time! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey everyone :smiley:

Finally finding some free time to update my personal mods after ACE’s release and initial rush…

Just wanted to share the progress on something that I’ve always wanted to add but didn’t have the proper knowledge back then… Still not finished but looking nice already :merry:

Other than Bolas, the next version of Primitive Armory will also include Slings, Javelins (can be toggled between one-handed spear or ranged/thrown) and maybe these weapons but for goblins! We’ll see :jubilant:

Stay well :smiley:

4 Likes

Looking forward to seeing what you make!

1 Like

DANI’S CORE MOD updated to 1.3!

In preparation for the upcoming mod updates, Dani’s Core Mod has been updated with some new features and changes.

I plan on creating a proper, better and cleaner component for the “cooling” service which currently works under the hackiest of the hacks. Seriously, don’t even look at that code or your eyes will bleed :jubilant: Anyway, it works… so before working on that, I’ll try finishing the updates on making all my mods compatible (and fun) with the current version of ACE. Trapper+ is the next one and should be arriving Soon :tm:

That’s it for now… have fun :merry:

September 20th; v1.3

• Reorganized the mod structure, adding more flexbility for the future.
  • Fixed an error with the cooling service when it tried to increment cooling.
  • Fixed an error that prevented things that can cool from suffering other forms of transformation: for example, food decay.
  • Added a monkey patch to the storage component allowing for Default filters to be defined.
  • Added a third “proper_cooler” option for the Cooling service. It still uses the same “old” structure - a better and improved component is planned but will require all the other mods using it to also be updated… So this might not happen so soon.
  • Added a new campaign, “Faction Unlocks” that shall be mixed into by other mods to handle recipe unlocking based on faction.
  • Added a new buff script for adding thoughts through buffs.
  • Added a storage renderer change for piles and such so they will work more nicely, preventing floating objects.

The update might cause an error on existing games because of the added campaign, but it will be a harmless error!

1 Like

[ACE Mod] Composting released!

That was mostly a quick/fun project, this mod is also known as “the poop mod” because it allows your pastured animals to… well, poop.
Everything has a purpose, however, and you can use said poop to create compost in the new composting bin that the Herbalist can craft! Other things can be composted as well - like rotten food or veggie mulch - and you can then use the compost as a new and nicer way of crafting ACE fertilizers!

How cool is that?! Poop turned into… food! Well… Ok, maybe not so cool. But try it anyway!
[Ace Mod] Composting

6 Likes

Why i installed your mod. My mod menu has no mod show up. it totaly empty. im only using your mod pack with ACE

Which mod
Trapper+
Taxidermi
Core mod
Glassworks

when you dont see mods in your mods menu, restart steam!

1 Like

im didnt using steam. i checked with other mod. including your norlding mod, all fine. just this one make the mod menu empty. i deleted it from my mod folder then it work fine againt

1 Like

mod idea: a specified “gatherer” that can run crazy fast and has a huge backpack. smoke behind hearthlings’ feet as he/she runs to gather things from far far, far away. Hearthling has a pet that follows

1 Like

Larger backpacks apparently have a disproportionate processing cost (i.e. performance impact) according to one of the Desktop Tuesdays where Stephanie talked about changing how some of the level-up abilities worked. There used to be some classes (the trapper comes to mind) which got backpack size increases at higher levels, but this proved to make them less performant. I suspect it’s because a bigger backpack creates more decisions for the computer to make when it’s deciding what to put in there, and probably also makes it more work to keep track of those items which are in backpacks rather than in proper storage or accessible somewhere in the world.

Cricket golems already work as a specified gatherer, and because they have only a limited AI and needs (i.e. no sleeping or eating so they never need to look for beds or food), they have a much lower processing cost than a “full” hearthling’s brain. Golems work much better for “single-task classes” since there’s nothing to distract them from their job and the computer doesn’t need to do as much work keeping them doing their job; so I reckon that an ‘advanced hauling golem’ would be a better fit than applying buffs to a class designed to only do 1 thing.

3 Likes

agreed on everything except I was looking for the cuteness factor of a gatherer. The moccasins, the wind in her hair, the puffs of smoke behind her feet as she learns to run faster and faster…

2 Likes

fair enough, and that’s the beauty of modding – it’s totally possible to do a mod like this and devote that kind of attention to aesthetics rather than something purely functional/“optimised.”

If I get a worker with a reasonable body stat and the pack mule trait, I’ll often make them a “dedicated hauler” (i.e. disable all other jobs), just for the roleplay factor. I’ll even try to get them wearing a particular set of worker clothing from a trader, so honestly I reckon I’d use this mod if it existed.

One idea for an awesome feature would be if the hauler could interact with cricket golems, or even just had their own “golem cap” that could “take” hauling golems from the Geomancer’s control over to the hauler’s – then you have a hearthling whose job it is to play postmaster and not just carry stuff themself but also “look after” the town’s fleet of crickets as they scurry around… would be a lot of fun and incredibly cute haha!

3 Likes

Too cute!
“THE POSTMASTER”

1 Like