While playing I thought it would be nice to have an elevation damage bonus mechanic like Age of Empires had, where archers in higher elevation compared to their targets would do more damage and archers in lower elevations compared to their targets would do less damage. This would add more depth to combat and strategic positioning of your archers becomes much more important and it also gives a lot more incentive to build walls and towers and have archers positioned in the crenelations.
- Archers in higher elevations like cliffs and walls do more damage on targets at lower elevation. The greater the height difference the greater the damage bonus.
- Archers do less damage if at a lower elevation when compared to their target.
- Archers do more damage when positioned at walls or cliffs if their target is at a lower elevation.
- The damage bonus increases the higher the archer is relatively to his target.
- Damage bonus increases by a given percentage each 5 meters of difference between the archer and the target when the archer is at a higher elevation.
- Damage decreases by a given percentage each 5 meters of difference between the archer and the target when the target is at a higher elevation.
I used 5 meters because it is also used by the game terrain slice vision.