Container inception A18

Summary:
First: There was a building my people refused to build, so I tore it down. The destruction animation triggered but the smoke produced is still there, lagging the game to an annoying extent.

There is also another error where my Mason refuses to craft a “Fountain of Plenty”, making it impossible for me to progress further. He crafts some other things normally, but not that one item even though I got all requirements including extra ingredients.

Version Number and Mods in use:
No mods. Release-663

System Information:
GTX 1080
AMD FX-8120

If anyone can help me solve these issues, my game’s performance and my town, including me would really appreciate it. Any other info you need just let me know.

Welcome to the forum, @AkaiRamone :smiley:

Is the destruction effect still playing after you restart the game / reload the savefile?

Could you upload your savefile so we can take a look at the mason?

To upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

Alright, sorry for taking too long. It’s been a long day. Here it is: 1475542330508.rar - Google Drive
I switched to another Mason and they still won’t build that specific building. I’ve crafted mostly anything and so far, the fountain is still uncraftable for me.
Also, is there a way to fix the “villagers won’t finish a building” bug? As you can see on my save there will be at least 3 buildings unfinished, some I had to furnish manually, one they sometimes just stop working on it, and it’s happened before with lots of buildings that I’ve tore down because of that.
Also, fixed the destruction effect. Restarting the game didn’t work, but restarting the system did.

1 Like

You’ve run into a bug where a container that has items, is undeployed and stored inside another container. So your mason didn’t know how to get to the donation boxes. (@yshan, has this bug returned? :cry:)

To fix it, deploy the 3 leather chests with the place item UI, and queue the fountain again.

The building that is next to the water is stopped because the hearthlings can’t reach that side. Make a ladder separated from the building, so that the hearthlings can reach the first floor inside the water, and they’ll start constructing scaffolding for that side of the building.

About your other unfinished buildings that are missing items, despite being in the inventory, I’m not sure why they don’t place them. Maybe when they finish with the last building they will remember to place them :confused:

Thanks for reporting!

Thank you for your reply, and I found out something related to the bug you mentioned. I deployed the chests and they had the missing items to complete the structures. Also, if I sell the chests without deploying their contents, they go missing forever.
To fix their “stopping to build” just check for missing items or keep crafting extras. If they are completely missing from your save because of selling the chest, just craft extras and assume the other things to be as good as lost.

1 Like