Congratulations and suggestions

My Pseudonym is Levodicus. you guys have done an impressive job with this game; more so knowing and playing an Alpha. You’ve got a lot of work and coding ahead of you, but with the game so far i dont doubt your abilities.

that being said…
I’ve noticed a few errors in Alpha 11. IE leaving items on ladders, which makes them irretreivable. one of my ladies had glitched into the shingles of a house, and no amount of ladders or deletion could move her from her trapped/hovering state. occasionally my Stoners decide to sit by the fire when i have winter gear on them and loot 5 blocks away from them to be picked up.

It seems youve placed the safezone around the Camp Standard, if we could make more i could finally have mines that dont stop 1/2 way through construction. the Mining option is pretty odd as well, occasionally i can only drag it down, have to hold it a certain way to break topsoil, it wont allow me to get the offshoots that are on the side of hills. If i let go of it, it wont allow me to click directly under the option to get the 5th layer blocks which will become the tops.

Can we please have:
Wolves/Tamed Wolves/Feral Dogs/Dogs to help the hunter/be trained by the hunter.
Wheat for our fields.
More monster types. maybe another human village that we can take over/raid/get raided by?

No matter if anything here is implimented or not, i will still play with my Stoners and keep them alive. this game is fantastic.

---------Levodicus

1 Like

hello there @Levodicus welcome to the discourse :smile:

i believe all the bugs you mentioned have been reported before.

as for your suggestions/requests,

[quote=“Levodicus, post:1, topic:14696”]
Wolves/Tamed Wolves/Feral Dogs/Dogs to help the hunter/be trained by the hunter.
[/quote]to my knowledge (which is sometimes flawed :wink:) we will eventually be seeing tameable wolves.

Wheat for our fields.
[/quote]im not certain we will get wheat, but we will get barley!

More monster types. maybe another human village that we can take over/raid/get raided by?
[/quote]we definitely will be seeing more “monsters and denizens” in the future! (including boss monsters!)

this game is fantastic.

[/quote]i cant argue with that! :grin:

hope this helped answer your questions!

3 Likes

From back in the Kickstarter campaign, there were plans for an Animal Trainer advanced class coming out of the Trapper. It would be pretty crazy if they weren’t able to tame wolves.

2 Likes

ah yes, thats where i heard about it.

So maybe.

Still think Wheat would add a lot. Bread, Pasta (another cooks’ resource), etc.

I will, though, not care if its avoided. its a small thing.

1 Like

Click on the ladder and click the remove button. The item will fall to the ground.
Also, I’ve heard that placing another ladder next to that ladder (don’t know if it has to have the same height) will help the hearthlings to retrieve the item.

Having other villages of the same race would be awesome! I’m sure your village and theirs would be grabbing at each other’s necks, but you could probably negotiate things out instead… after all, they are the same race!

1 Like

One good idea is to build two ladders parallel to each other so the hearthlings can pick up the item that was left on the latter while climbing up the other.

1 Like

as long as they can reach the from the other ladder, its high enough.
This isnt a Fix persay… just a way around, ya’know?

3 Likes

If you can’t wait for the next updates, Froggy has made an awesome mod where you can get wheat and a lot more!

1 Like