Concerning The Map - (Other Games)

So, when I was examining Stonehearth’s world generation map, I was curious as to whether they could somehow make a more appealing preview of the world. So I have a question for you gamers out there: what other games feature similar maps and how could the concept apply to Stonehearth?

While we’re at it, does anyone know if Stonehearth will feature an in-game map once you’ve started actually playing, or will we have to just zoom out?

4 Likes

A so called mini-map would be nice to see in the game.

Maybe someone have played DF or town and know how they work?

1 Like

I think DF’s game map is rather primitive, something more deluxe may work better.

1 Like

If they do a mini-map, I personally would like to see it toggable, as I get this feeling it could get in the way with the rest of the UI.

5 Likes

[quote=“Dwalus, post:3, topic:11376”]
primitive
[/quote]I honestly can’t see how these two words belong in the same sentence. Is DF not like the most advanced game every apart from graphics?

giggles uncontrollably

5 Likes

The map looks pretty bad. And yes, it is incredibly advanced in many aspects. Just not the map/GUI.

Maybe in the minimap it could also mark regions for elf, dwarf, maybe even tree nations.

2 Likes

elves won’t be in the game though. :smirk:

Don’t it show like “evil” land and such? zombie animals and all that.

2 Likes

If we’re going to have trees, I feel that we should have golems and/or spider people as well.

I’m not having that. I can’t stand them.

Don’t forget human nations.

Agreed, they’re awful.

Really? Everyone loves the Drow! And really, that’s @Dwalus’s line…

Ah yes, I believe they should have lots of factories.

1 Like

We need a T-Shirt to commemorate some of this stuff.

2 Likes

No its @sircamofron’s line

Really? How many of you people hate spiders?!?

Anyway, I think we should have a minimap and the a larger map that shows the world and the different planes. Maybe even rifts for giant swarms of monsters* to attack you from.

*Like crabmen! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I think a shorter list would be who does not hate spiders.

1 Like

Oh i do like the idea of that. Have it on different tabs and such for different planes.

I’m very excited for this feature, and yes,

need to be a thing, more like many legged centaurs though…

Probably, would you be on that list?

Most definitely not.