[Con] Save doesn't work

I definitely have this problem on the 32-bit version of the client. I play for a while, and eventually my game seems incapable of saving properly. I will reload an old state, play for a bit, and by the time I want to save, Save button doesn’t work. There’s some explanations about files and copy/moving them below, but nothing that seems to have been officially tested, and has clear instructions.

Is this issue being looked at? I noticed the 64-bit client never did this for me before, but I started getting non-stop lua assertion errors that caused crashes not allowing me to proceed.

2 Likes

I’ve got the same issues on my AMD machine. I have to run 32bit because 64bit crashes on start. I can’t get the game to last past about day 4 when it stops producing files on save and crashes soon afterwards. Sadly, this relegates me to an observer now since the game (for all practical purposes) is unplayable for me.

Side Note: I’m now installing Windows 10 on another AMD 64bit machine and we’ll see how Stonehearth works on that platform.

2 Likes

Just tried the 64 bit version of alpha 9(couldn’t previously because it crashed my pc) and I noticed that the game ran pretty stable.

Yes I came across some minor bugs and yes it became such a memory hog that I shut it down after about 8 days, but It kept on saving until then and it didn’t crash so I think the issue is located in the 32bit part somewhere

r256 64bit, neither the new save button, or the overwrite button will do anything somewhere between day 7 and 10, I had autosave on, and it was working saving every so often, but now the autosave file in the load screen doesn’t seem to exist anymore.
Have had no errors pop up the entire game.

Same here on my 32bit AMD machine. Chugging along nicely and then for some reason just stopped auto-saving. This is around day 4-5 for me. Infuriating because that that point I can no longer manually save either.

Auto-Save has been a blessing though. When they figure out the save gremlin in this game it will be sweet.