[Con] Crafting selection window reset (switches to default item)

Summary: Happened only once, my carpenter would suddenly start making a lot of Spindles instead of Windows

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start new game have the carpenter build 4 reinforced doors and 30 diamond windows
  2. after building the doors and a few windows the carpenter started outputting spindles, noticed it when he was done building 5

Expected Results:
Have the carpenter finish the 4 doors and 30 windows

Actual Results:
Have 5 random spindles, the workshop window showed 20 more to go

Notes:
I didn’t get the picture of the workshop showing the spindles to go, I was more concerned about removing that from my queue than reporting the bug, a mistake on my part

Attachments:

Versions and Mods: 1665, steam build, no mods

System Information: ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: - Pastebin.com

When you set the queue on the diamond windows, did you tell it to do 30 windows all at once?

I’ve noticed that if you do not pause the game while telling the carpenter what to craft, then the item you have selected can reset back to the Weaver’s Spindle when the carpenter starts crafting something.

Is it possible you asked it to build 5 doors, then 5 windows and then another 25 windows? In that case, the last 25 might have actually been reset back to spindles before you clicked the crafting saw.

1 Like

Can confirm this in 1658 at least, have to keep an eagle eye on my crafting window, especially early in the game when most of the orders are single items and quickly finished.

wait… what? the spindle will auto-queue?

[tagged]

The carpenter’s workshop seems to like defaulting back to the spindle when a job is complete and the next item pops up on the list I think. If you’re not careful, you click on, say, windows, the game swaps back to the spindle, and you queue up a great pile of said spindles before you realise your mistake.

1 Like

ooh, understood… it doesn’t get added to the queue automatically… the spindle simply becomes “selected” by default (in the crafting menu) and if you hit “craft now”, you would be inadvertently crafting the spindle… got it!

1 Like

It changed mid production, you can see there’s some diamond windows and the spindles started producing somehow, not quite sure if I paused or not then, tried to reproduce but to no avail

I didn’t manipulate the workshop before I saw the spindles

Okay, tried testing this, had some interesting stuff happen.

1. New game, peaceful, fast forward on.
  2. Order 4 reinforced wooden doors.
  3. Click craft.
  4. Order 30 diamond windows.
  5. Click craft.
  6. 1 Spindle appears in job queue instead of 30 diamond windows.
  7. Spindle made, job queue empty, carpenter’s work is finished.

I found it hard to reproduce this though, but clearly there IS something a bit temperamental with the crafting UI.

2 Likes

Yeah. That’s what I meant. If you select something other than the spindle while the carpenter has a crafting queue, it will often be reset to the spindle. I think it happens when a new crafting starts. Pretty annoying. There shouldn’t be any reason for that to happen.

2 Likes

Not exactly the same outcome, but it’s something similar after all

Summary: When selecting and ordering items to be crafted by the carpenter, the window at some point kind of reset, causing the default item (Farmer’s Hoe) to be selected again. This happened specifically immediately after selecting the maintain in stockpile bullet point (see attached video).

Steps to reproduce: Not sure, as it only happened once in my latest playthrough. See attachment.

Attachments:
3:28
[Temporary text because cannot revert edit otherwise]

Versions and mods: No mods, latest release version in Steam at the time of writing, version 0.1.0 (release 166) according to the title screen.

System information:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX-version: DirectX 11
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Known bug (can’t recall the other topics about it off-hand though :stuck_out_tongue: ), and not a bug just for the carpenter I think.

1 Like

Really? I didn’t find it elsewhere, but maybe it’s because I looked too specifically for carpenter and crafting keywords, then. Sorry.

Here we go:

Well, that sounds like a slightly different issue, though. In my case, I didn’t actually have it create an unintended order; the selection just switched to the farmer’s hoe (which is just the default one). I noticed and went back to the intended item, as can be seen in the attached video.

See post #5 for example:

That’s why I think it’s the same issue.

1 Like

Ah, of course, yes. I was actually thinking about that, but didn’t realize that the spindle could have been the default back then. Fair enough, you’re probably correct.

2 Likes