[Con] [134] Items stuck on ladders

Summary:
When items have been carried to a ladder and a villager is ‘interrupted’ the item then remains stuck.

Steps to reproduce:
Bit of an odd one to reproduce. Hit and miss on how to interrupt a villager midway through a ladder whilst carrying an item. Place a villager on full alert mid-way through a climb/descent ?

Expected Results:
Villager would resume current task and pick up the item to be placed wherever.

Actual Results:
Item remains unpathable.

Attachments:
window was left at the top of the ladder and never placed into side of building.

wooden block of wood would remain halfway up ladder and never moved to a stockpile.

3 Likes

I’ve seen this as well

1 Like

yes it has happened to me on stream multiple times. Yet there is an easy work-around.
You manually delete the ladder and then the items will drop to the ground and workers will collect it.

Can you delete a ladder which has been created from the building menu. In the case of the window frame above ?

nope, build another one next to the first then they sometimes take the item

Summary: My settlement is on a mountain, so I would obviously need ladders to get to the ground to get a farm, trapping, etc. BUT sometimes the hearthlings drop whatever they are carrying on the ladder and rush somewhere to do something. They cant get it back, it just stays there. It is bothering, but I have found a way to fix it temporarily. Destroy the ladder, then make a new one. They do it again, though. Also, after Day 15, the game just has constant lag spikes everywhere I go.

Steps to reproduce (for ladder):

1. Make a ladder going up or down.
  2. Get hearthlings to go up there somehow.
  3. If they go on the ladder enough, they will eventually rush to do something, leaving behind the item they were carrying.

Expected Results: I would think that they would pick it back up.

Actual Results: They don’t :frowning:

Notes: It usually only happens with one ladder, too.

Attachments: None.

Versions and Mods: I’m running Stonehearth Alpha 8 and I have no mods.

System Information: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium I Intel Core i7 CPU 975 I 12.0 GB Installed Memory I NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

1 Like

hey there @WooHooDood … welcome aboard! :smile:

thanks for the nicely formatted report as well… :+1:

1 Like

Oh yeah, this happens all the time. I’ve got some main ladders that I’m needing to remove and re-add or they have an inventory’s worth of stuff stuck on them.

me too. it all the time. when a guy down the ladders and it the time for eat.

1 Like

thanks for using an old topic, yet as it states above we have found a workaround that’s ben around for quite some time now :smile:

1. Delete the ladder with items stuck on it
  2. The items will drop to the ground
  3. Workers will collect them again
  4. Rebuild your ladder

I know already this solution. :smile:

Do you knw the issu when a goblin steal a iron ore and i attackhim, the gobblin release the ore in the middle of the map.

but 0 guy g to take it on my stockpit.

i have not encoutnered it, but you should make a different topic for that ^^
Add an image if possible