Colors Mod by Chimeforest (Old, as was fortold)

Almost done modding the next update, if NOTHING ELSE GOES WRONG… I should have it out later tonight, in the meantime, enjoy this blooper:

Apparently the worker was taking too long, so the carpenter decided just to go and grab the whole bush herself! lol

6 Likes

What is he? Hercules? I have never seen someone grab the roots of a bush, rip it from the ground, and carry it like it normally.

:smile:

Discourse Is Greedy And Wants To Eat More Words And @SteveAdamo’s soul

Geoffers Edit - Well stop double posting and simply edit your last post :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Blooper 2:

Not to worry guys! I am sooo close to finishing this update I can SMELL IT.

1 Like

Version 0.03 for Alpha1 r34

It took almost 24hours, but I finally updated to r34!
And I’ve got some exciting news!

Me and @Avairian have teamed up, after his next update, Quince Bushes from the Nihonjin Mod now produce a Yellow dye instead of Purple!

Now, for the time being, Only Nihonjin will have yellow, and only everyone else will have purple, but as stonehearth and this mod progresses, hopefully soon, everyone will have access to all colors!

Also I recolored the generic comfy bed to be undyed, giveing you incentive to want use color =D

In other news, the weaver and sheep had to be removed from the mod because (I believe) Team Radient is working on them and they are not stable in r34. All recipe have been moved to the carpenter for the time being.

(btw, Colorbunnies are the mascots for the color mod :smile: )

4 Likes

It was the weirdest thing, lol.

I told the carpenter to make some dye and she started wandering over to the bushes and I was like “What on earth this she doing?” Then she uproots the entire bush a caries it back to the workbench xD

I almost missed getting a screenshot of it because it I was laughing so hard :laughing:

That colorbunny picture just made my morning. :smile: I love it!

Just tried it out and it works like a charm! Now I have motivation to have more than one carpenter. This is such a complicated process! :laughing:

Nihonjin r34 Version 2 will be up tonight.

1 Like

colorbunnies? fancy dyes? tag team modding?

gooooooo Team … ? what are you calling this wonderful merger of talent? :smile:

Noooot sure to be honest. xD So far they are just two different mods that support one feature at the moment. :wink: Something maybe we should think about, especially if we tag team on the super secret process I’m working on… xD

Edit:

Nihonjin r34 Version 2 is live! This means that Colors Mod and Nihonjin are officially compatible as @chimeforest has discribed above. :smile:

I’m looking forward to working together more! かんぱい! (cheers) :sake:

4 Likes

O.o Genius! Honestly the thought never crossed my mind >.< lol
I’m glad you like the colorbunny pic ^^ I thought of it just as I was finishing the mod and it just seemed to fit perfectly ^^

I’m actually designing a cast of bunnies for the upcoming colors, each with it’s own personality, I’m thinking of maybe making it into a little comic strip, but I doubt I’ll have time, =/

lol, I’m not sure, haven’t really thought about it. Like Avairian said, it’s just two mods which support an aspect of the other, but I have a feeling we’ll be be doing more work together on mods. :smiley:

Also… I’m pretty sure these are the first 2 mods for stonehearth which have been made compatible… so go us! =D

I try. :wink: I’m an extremely impatient person so it was just taking way to long with one carpenter. xD I just need the trapper hunting minigame and I’ll be all set (our color bunnies shall be safe though!)

This must happen! The Nihonjin Colorbunny (he needs a name. . . . ) demands it! :laughing:

Nihonjin Color Bunny visits. Nihonjin Color Bunny Quests. Nihonjin Color Bunny Wallpaper. Nihonjin Color Bunny Cereal. Endless possiblities. (I’m like totally obsessed with that bunny now :fearful: )

3 Likes

Lol, I guess I’m too patient!

He does =/ so far I’m just been calling him “Nippon bunny”, but he needs a better name… I’ll get on google translate and start mixing up the -gana and see if anything fitting pops out.
Purple Bunny needs a name too, Right now he’s just called G.B.
The Red Bunny is going to be called “Mur” And Blue is going to be B.B. or Be Bee… something like that lol.

Now now, let’s not get too obsessed, lol. But I do like the enthusiasm! :smile:

1 Like

I tried and it worked fine. But it took a long time getting to the bed.
Not that I mind, it was just that I was planning a quick look. :smile:

1 Like

Yeah, making a comfy bed (even in vanilla SH) takes a long time!
I’m glad everything worked for you :smile:

Version 0.03 is compatable with R41!
No updated needed :smile:

However, I have decided that I will be doing the color scheme slightly differently than before. Instead of there being 42 or so colorsources to collect, there will only be 18, which you can use to mix and match to get many different colors and shades! Players will be able to collect colorsources and dyes in the color map menu.

Examples of shades and colors:

• 1 Purple colorsource will produce a light purple dye
  • While 3 Purple Sources will produce a dark purple dye
  • A Red Dye and an Orange Dye will mix to product 2 units of red-orange dye (name pending)

Also, I plan (eventually) for the herbalist to have a special dyeing station, which the player will use to discover new dye combinations, but this is a long term goal.

When I next update this mod it will be using the new color system, at which time I’ll add at least one new color(and bunny) and provide a list of Official Colors Mod ColorSources and Dyes for other modded to use.

2 Likes

I like the new color creation mechanism. Sounds more fun with mixing etc.

1 Like

Thanks =]
Not only should it be more fun, but it’s more accurate :wink:

I suppose if I really wanted it to be more accurate, I’d have the darker colors take longer to dye… but I’m not sure if I’m going to do that =/

Maybe I will.

That is actually pretty simple to do. By adjusting the

"work_units"  : 10,

That is in the dye recipe. It is the amount the carpenter swings the saw back and forth.

I know, I’m just not sure that’s how I want dye to work. Since the player will already be using extra resources to get darker colors, I’m not sure if I want them to spend extra time on it too. =/

Edit:
Sorry @Miturion, I worded that somewhat rudely, thank you for your help. Yesterday was kinda rough for me, I wasn’t thinking too much when I typed the reply out.

Will the default be white?

White’s too boring. I like it!