Colors Mod by Chimeforest (Old, as was fortold)

Ok, so… I just got a lot of creativeness flowing through me and here it is. I’ll update the first post in a bit, but right now I just need to get everything out without having to bother with reformatting what I already have.

First note: I am aware that stonehearth probably will be adding in dyes, it’s almost guarenteed I believe. If they do, I intend for my mod to mesh with what they have and enhance it, if I can.

Okay… so, My Mod will have 4 parts to it:

1. Color Collector
  • Dyes
  • Enameling
  • The (Royal?) Outfitter Class

Part One: Color Collector

• This part will Keep track of what colors sources you have found. After you get a Herbalist/Alchemist, when a citizen picks up an item which can be used as a color source and entry will be added to the journal: “[name of citizen] has found a color source for [color name]” and a small icon will show up in one of the corners showing the color.
  • Colors can have multiple sources. If the citizen finds a color source for an already discovered color the journal entry will say “[name of citizen] has found a color new source for [color name]”.
  • You can open up the color map/cube to see what colors you already have… It will look something like this:
  • When you hover your mouse over a color it will tell you it’s name and what sources you have discovered for that color. Colors which you have not found will be greyed out.
  • Note:The above cube is in RGB, but the final product will be in RYB for the following reasons: 1)Even though I dislike the color, dark orange should be included and 2) I think the greens are too similar.
    Also, I intend to add neutral colors to it somehow… maybe around the edge or beneath it…

Important–>This part of the mod will also let other other modders add their own items as color sources.

Part Two: Dyes

• Dyes will be crafted from Color Sources by Herbalists.
  • Dyes can be used to craft colored cloth, thread, and fibers.
  • These in turn can be used to craft colored items such as beds, clothes, etc
  • Other modders who wish to add dye-able items will easily be able to do so!

Part Three: Enameling

• Enamel will be crafted from Enamel Color Sources by Alchemists.
  • Enamel will have it’s own color sources and color map.
  • Enamel can be used to color metal objects, such as armor and swords.
  • Other modders who wish to add enamel-able items will easily be able to do so!
  • Note: Most of the enamel color sources will probably be minerals.
  • Note: There will be fewer enamel color sources then regular ones.

Part Four: The Royal Outfitter

• This class will be along the upgrade path which starts with the weaver.
  • The Outfitter is a profession which takes dyed fabrics, enamel, metal, armor, swords, etc and creates uniforms for your soldiers and citizens.

What could be more impressive than your entire army decked out in your royal colors? Nothing, that’s what!

• Citizens and soldiers who wear similar colors to each other and are close by will receive a small moral bonus.
    (See… it’s not just for looks!.. well mostly it is, but, it will also provide a bonus :smile: )
  • I plan to incorporate this class with my Nobility Mod Idea With the outfitter class you will be able to declare Nobel/Royal colors and citizens/soldiers who wear these will receive another small boost! Opponents who aren’t properly outfitted may receive a small moral… umm anti-boost? when facing your intimidating army!
  • Each profession will have their own recolored uniforms (Example: The weaver will still have the belt thing and the carpenter will still have the apron and belt pocket, but her/his dress/shirt could change color)
  • Other modders who wish to have the outfitter create uniforms for their classes should be able to add them without too much trouble.

Well, that’s it, now I’m off to create the nobility mod idea page… then back here to edit the first post… then maybe some sleep :sweat_smile:

This mod is turning out to be bigger than I expected it to be…

Anywho, I plan on working on parts 1 and 2 first… then later incorporating 3 and 4, as these sections seem to fit together.

What do you think?

2 Likes