Colors Mod by Chimeforest (Old, as was fortold)

no worries. It was not that rude.

1 Like

But what about this? There should be more then.

Red-Orange itself is a colorsource, it’s one of the rarer colorsources, it produces red-orange dye without the need of red and orange dyes.

Oh, okay. Sounds good then!

1 Like

Here is a prototype color chart for the mod.

The larger squares are the base color for each dye. The smaller rectangles are different shades for dyed models.

What do you guys think?

Also, on a sidenote, my wrist was sprained… so progress for both of my mods is going to be a bit slower.

Looks good. I am curious how you are planning to implement it in a clear way. :blush:

A bit? You’re a persistent one…

@Miturion, are we talking about for the players, or modders?

@Alfie
Yeah, I’ve been known to get that way over projects like this :sweat_smile:
I’m not sure if it’s a good or a bad thing…

It’s a good thing! If I sprained my wrist I’d totally take a break. I’m lazy.

Lol, but what about the creative flow :wavy_dash: ?
It’s not like you can put it in a bottle and save it for later =/

But… if I keep using my wrist, It’ll never heal =(

Take it from me, definitely let it rest.

I injured my right wrist at work (and though it’ll probably will never fully heal) and once it starts to hurt the pain won’t go away until I take a few days off.

fudge =[

I guess progress is going to halt for the time being… the good news is that, unless they change something drastic, this mod should remain compatable =]

Yeah. Iaido hasn’t been the same either. So much wrist manipulations. :frowning:

Very true. Most likely the should stay fairly compatible for a little while as they just stomp bugs and work on the trapper.

1 Like

I’ve been very busy lately with stuff (2 jobs, moving next month, an almost {but not quite} healed wrist, etc etc), but I’m still somehow finding time to work on this mod little by little.
Most of it has been background work, here are some samples of what I’ve been working on:

The Elemental Plane of Color

This is a (very)rough cartography of the elemental plane of color. My scanner is acting weird so some of the colors are a bit wonky. The left side is supposed to be much darker =/
The plane is inhabited by three tribes of bunnies, each with their own unique abilities and history. See if you can spot them all, lol.

Up next:
The Colors Mod Recolorer

This program I am making takes a specially colored QB file and (with the correct info), generates a new item.qb, item.json, recipe.json, alias, and a recipe entry for every color in the mod. Or at least that’s what It will do. Right now it doesn’t output the json files, but it does everything else. However, I need to overhaul it before I release it for other people to use (along with instructions on how to use it and on how to add colorsources etc etc)

And finally, a little proof that it can actually recolor stuff ^^

Any guesses on which colors will be added next? lol

When I next update the mod (not quite sure when that will be) It will be using the new Color_Source System TM

7 Likes

Wow, is that stuff cool.

1 Like

#Oooh

1 Like

awesome work :thumbsup:

Hello everyone,

I have revamped this mod and am taking it in a slightly different direction.
You can find the continuation this mod here.

Enjoy! :smile:

If a moderator (such as @SteveAdamo) could close this thread that would be great ^^

good luck with the revamp… it looks great! :+1:

1 Like