Continuing the discussion from Class suggestions:
Really, I just like the idea of a hearthling chilling on the end of a dock with a fishing line cast in the water.
Class System Integration Ideas:
- Possibly a good fit as a Trapper zone type.
- Carpenter could craft fishing boats; but doing so could introduce greater risks (more on that below).
- Would be a nice way to offer another food source early game with options for progression over time (boats, critters, etc)
- Better yields the deeper the water; would encourage the use of docks to get out over the water.
- Of course, this could be a fun way to introduce aquatic hostile mobs, assuming fishermen could defend themselves enough to get back on land in one piece.
- Could offer upgraded fishing equipment that might recover uncommon/rare items when used.