Can't promote second Farmer - or maybe error while mining

Summary:
I started a game. played it for 3 days. Had one Farmer (8villagers) and wasn’t able to promote a second Farmer.
(save game attached)
After saving and loading the same again, the problem is gone!

I also realized that many problems with “stucking orders” are removed after loading.

Steps to reproduce:
Can’t say for sure

1. start with asccending race on forest map with medium dificult
  2. geather plants, build a house and sleeping place
  3. promote a farmer and patch 5 10x10felds with different crops (it should me to mutch for one farmer)
    a) give the villager a “upgraded worker outfit”
  4. build a tool and promote a second farmer
    -> second farmer stuck

Expected Results:
Second farmer should abort his job (building, geathering…) drop his “upgraded worker outfit” and start promoting as a farmer.

Actual Results:
Cant promote my hearthings to farmer

Notes:
The problem is removed after reloading the attched save game.

There was also a lot of non used farmland. Maybe this somehow connected.

You can contact me for additional tests.

Attachments:
cant_promote_farmer.zip (5.2 MB)

Version Number and Mods in use:
0.14.0 latest (2860) x64

Script Errors
Maybe not related with this problem, but coming maybe 1min after the game was saved. (not coming again after loading!)

develop-2860 (x64)
...th/ai/actions/pickup_placed_item_adjacent_action.lua:22: attempt to index local 'item' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    ...th/ai/actions/pickup_placed_item_adjacent_action.lua:22: in function <...th/ai/actions/pickup_placed_item_adjacent_action.lua:15>
    [C]: ?
    [C]: in function 'execute'
    ...ut_another_restockable_item_into_backpack_action.lua:56: in function <...ut_another_restockable_item_into_backpack_action.lua:42>
    [C]: in function 'run'
    ...tonehearth/services/server/tasks/run_task_action.lua:143: in function <...tonehearth/services/server/tasks/run_task_action.lua:141>
    stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:536: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:520>
    [C]: in function 'xpcall'
    radiant/modules/common.lua:243: in function 'xpcall'
    stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:520: in function '_thread_main'
    stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246>
    stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246: in function 'f'
    radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>
1 Like

Summary:

I believe this happened when my hearthlings were either mining out a section of iron ore, the stone around it, or maybe when trying to transport the loot back to the camp.

Steps to reproduce:
1)
2)
3)

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Notes:

develop-2860 (x64)
...th/ai/actions/pickup_placed_item_adjacent_action.lua:22: attempt to index local 'item' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	...th/ai/actions/pickup_placed_item_adjacent_action.lua:22: in function <...th/ai/actions/pickup_placed_item_adjacent_action.lua:15>
	...ut_another_restockable_item_into_backpack_action.lua:56: in function <...ut_another_restockable_item_into_backpack_action.lua:42>
	...tonehearth/services/server/tasks/run_task_action.lua:143: in function <...tonehearth/services/server/tasks/run_task_action.lua:141>
	stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:536: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:520>
	stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246>

Attachments:

I’m running the Alpha 15 test build.
System Information:

Hey there @Eddie, welcome to the Discourse! Thanks for the report - I merged it here as it appears to be the same error.

So, got an error log from this version:

develop-2860 (x64)
stack traceback:

hey @Kittyodoom,

just moved your post over here as its the same error. any clue what was happening when you got the error?

Had a few things going on, but believe it was from moving a silkweed

1 Like

Summary: Not really sure what happened, but it seems like I was mining and the hearthlings were trying to pick up the drops (Happened 3 times)

Steps to reproduce:

1. ???

Expected Results: ???

Actual Results: ???

Notes: Started a brand new world, and first error I get after I cut down a tree, then start mining.

Attachments: http://pastebin.com/BWbdXfVB

Version Number and Mods in use: 2860

System Information: Intel i5, GeForce 520

Also, it’s been an hour, and these still haven’t been placed:

(Mason and Weaver Workbenches)

develop-2860 (x64)
stack traceback:
develop-2860 (x64)
(8682931 Beth Dorril) (stonehearth:pickup_item_adjacent) bad frame transition to "stop" from "starting_thinking"
stack traceback:

Summary:
Hi Support! Great game I just started playing today. While i was giving different commands which included creating two wooden swords and gathering berries, an Engine Error window popped up with some issue. I don’t know how to reproduce. My game is working fine (to the extent I know) and I don’t know if any of my people have messed something up.

This is my first time playing and this is how far I have played.

Loving this game.

Cheers!

Attachments:
Apparently I am new and not allowed to upload log file. Content is in the Notes section.

Note:
The bug i received is stonehearth.log file. You will find the error i received at 2016-03-09 17:08:00.703391 . Though there are some other things like Unexpected error for Analytics in this log file.

Version: Stonehearth v0.14.0_dev.2860
Mods:
candledark.smod
frostfeast.smod
radiant.smod
rayyas_children.smod
rayyas_children_ui.smod
stonehearth.smod
System Information:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-4000M CPU @ 2.40GHz (4CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Page file: 6423MB used, 7636MB available
DirectX Version: 12

Display: Intel® HD Graphics 4600
Display Memory: 6214 MB
Dedicated Memory: 112 MB
Shared Memory: 6102 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Hello @MooOooN, welcome to the forum :smile:

Let’s see… The errors seem to be:
-- Script Error (lua) Begin ------------------------------- ...th/ai/actions/pickup_placed_item_adjacent_action.lua:22: attempt to index local 'item' (a nil value) stack traceback: ...th/ai/actions/pickup_placed_item_adjacent_action.lua:22: in function <...th/ai/actions/pickup_placed_item_adjacent_action.lua:15> [C]: ? [C]: in function 'execute' ...ut_another_restockable_item_into_backpack_action.lua:56: in function <...ut_another_restockable_item_into_backpack_action.lua:42> [C]: ? [C]: ? [C]: ? [C]: ? [C]: in function 'run' ...tonehearth/services/server/tasks/run_task_action.lua:143: in function <...tonehearth/services/server/tasks/run_task_action.lua:141> [C]: ? ... [C]: in function 'run' stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:536: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:520> [C]: in function 'xpcall' radiant/modules/common.lua:243: in function 'xpcall' stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:520: in function '_thread_main' stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246> [C]: in function 'xpcall' radiant/modules/common.lua:243: in function 'xpcall' stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246: in function 'f' radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14> -- Lua Error End ------------------------------- generating traceback... generating traceback... -- Script Error (lua) Begin ------------------------------- (2731 Mell Inverse) (stonehearth:pickup_item_adjacent) bad frame transition to "stop" from "starting_thinking" stack traceback: [C]: ? [C]: in function 'execute' ...ut_another_restockable_item_into_backpack_action.lua:56: in function <...ut_another_restockable_item_into_backpack_action.lua:42> [C]: ? [C]: ? [C]: ? [C]: ? [C]: in function 'run' ...tonehearth/services/server/tasks/run_task_action.lua:143: in function <...tonehearth/services/server/tasks/run_task_action.lua:141> [C]: ? [C]: ? ... [C]: in function 'run' stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:536: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:520> [C]: in function 'xpcall' radiant/modules/common.lua:243: in function 'xpcall' stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:520: in function '_thread_main' stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246> [C]: in function 'xpcall' radiant/modules/common.lua:243: in function 'xpcall' stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246: in function 'f' radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14> -- Lua Error End -------------------------------

I’m not sure if it’s relevant since there have been 4 more releases since your version, but thanks for reporting anyway. I’ll try to search if someone had reported it already or if it has been fixed.

Edit: merged here due to same lua errors.

Appreciate it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,
I put in a fix for this in 2876. Please let me know if you run into this bug again after updating the game.
Thanks
-Yang