Cannot place window where window should be

Summary:
I had a building that I had created, and after the building was mostly finished (with windows and doors already added), I decided to add curtains using the custom building tool. 1 window and the door vanished. replacing the door worked, but replacing the window comes up with an error dump.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Make building with diamond windows
  2. have the building be built
  3. Go into custom building mode on a separate building
  4. Place curtains where window should be.

Expected Results:
Curtain placeholder appears and window remains where it was. Curtain gets placed by hearthling, building complete with post-blueprint addition.

Actual Results:
curtain placeholder appears, window and door vanishes. Other window does not vanish, oddly. Can place new door, can’t place new window.

Notes:
using ib in the console did not return the window or door. It did complete the curtains, however.

Attachments:
Savefile and the blueprint (slightly modified on placing it in game)

1507379237451.zip (4.8 MB)

Version Number and Mods in use:
No mods. Release-763 (x64)

System Information:
Windows 7 professional, 64bit

1 Like

I ran into something similar just yesterday but when I tried to do a before and after to show it, the undo button decided to stop cooperating.

what happened for me was, I had placed a block and when that block was placed it removed all the objects inside the building, but when I hit undo they would all come back. so it seems to be the way the game is grouping sections of a building together breaks things.

maybe this is related? idk thought it was worth mentioning here as it sounds like you are describing the same problem

1 Like