Camp Standard Functions

Whenever you buy things from a trader, they appear within a radius of the camp standard. Being Lore really hasn’t been released about Stonehearth, I’ve got a question pertaining to this function:

• Is there a purpose to the items appearing around the camp standard?

• Or was this done as a placeholder till something else will be done about it?

I would tag a dev to ask this, but I’m unsure which one specifically. I know @Allie talked about doing different types of standards, but I haven’t heard anything of a trader class or changes to trading.

1 Like

I agree. I only see that the camp standard is just used for marking a territory and nothing else. I wonder if standards will have any improvement done to them.

http://www.stonehearth.net/dt-town-upgrades/

1 Like

I just watched that, and I saw the talk about this in one of the streams a couple weeks ago. Not to be rude, but it still doesn’t answer the question of why the trader drops their items there, and that really was meant to be my focus of this thread.

Oops, sorry about that.

We needed a fixed place (indestructable) to drop the items and gold produced by buying/selling. The standard is an item that we know is unique and is always deployed in your town (or rather, was made undeployable to prevent errors), so it made sense for this purpose, I don’t think it’s related to lore. If you remove the banner, the game doesn’t know where to spawn those items and will throw an error.

Do you have any suggestions on where to expect those bought items/gold to appear? Would it made more sense for you as player to have them spawn elsewhere?

Not sure if it was a placeholder, but I don’t think we have plans to change that behavior either :confused:

(Was mostly responding to the other comment, like, we do want to give them more purpose, even if it’s just what’s in the DT).

2 Likes

Maybe that first things can be dropped off at the town banner, but wouldn’t also be cool if in the late game you can create either an item or stockpile type area (like a warehouse region) where traders can drop off goods. And the game could force the player to at least have one in the world at a time. But then you could specify what types of foods go where from traders. Making the town much more efficient.

2 Likes

That’s a good suggestion @Yosmo78. Could you make a separate topic in the suggestions category so that it doesn’t get lost here? :slightly_smiling_face:

@Yosmo78 has the same idea I do. In the beginning the banner is fine, but once you’re a town / city, you’d have a port or trade hub that everything would be coming through.

1 Like

Another option, if you’re ever going to let traders and such actually be present in your town while trading, you can simply drop the items off next to the trader, before he/she walks off. It would happen in this way in the real world, so I don’t see why it wouldn’t work here.