Building templates missing from Humble Bundle Installer, present in zip

I just installed the game today after purchasing it also today, but it seems i have no building templates, not even the 4 default ones i saw in streams a while back. Were they taken away with the latest build?

PS: I also saw today’s stream( do not know if its still the same day back in murica), and i also dont see the new slab tiles made there, was the build not uploaded yet?

Are you using the Humble Bundle version or do you play via Steam?
In Steam you have to enable the latest beta, to get the latest updates.

If you are referring to the build 2176, let’s wait until someone confirms it.

Also, which version do you use? 32 or 64 bit?

1 Like

I play through the humble bundle on release-205, have no idea how to check for the release.
Im running on 32 bit

that was the needed info! Thx!

and for your info: 205 was only for x86 only the new unstable builds from steam should use x64 (but its a “little bit” buggy ;)) - so no fear you havent missed something important :smiley:

the number of “default” questions seems to grow each day… we really need to capture these for easy cut/paste troubleshooting… :smile:

1 Like

lol thats correct - but the questions are always the same at the moment - so here a Template ^^

Plattform: Steam or Humble Bunde (Installer or Zip)
System: x86 or x64
Release Number (Startscreen left bottom):
Hint: At Steam you can activat in the “Gamesettings” under “Beta” the latest unstable build - Saves not compatible!

1 Like

It’s OK. Unless you have a Steam account and want to play the game via Steam (to get the unstable versions automatically).

Humble Bundle is used mainly for stable releases. I wonder if any other person has experienced your problem…

In the folder where you have installed Stonehearth, there should be a subfolder called ‘saved_objects’, and inside, another folder called ‘stonehearth’, and inside, another folder called ‘building_templates’, inside which are the 4 default templates.

Do you have that folder?

next question installer or zip via Humblebundle ^^

just for info: both tested and IO - all included

Good afternoon, Relyss. I hate to hijack the thread but I just downloaded Stonehearth and I’m having this same problem. I’m running the Humble Bundle, x86, build 205.

A quick search for the folder your describing here shows that I have the templates, they just are not available in-game for building. I only have the option to custom build.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

It’s really weird. I’ve just downloaded that version to check, and it shows the templates:

Well, this was with the .zip version. @sdee, any clue on what could be causing this issue?

also checked again zip and installer no problems … compatibilitymode or old windows? like windows7 this gives some errors because of the usersettings ^^

Thanks for your help, everyone. I deleted the previous install and re-downloaded the *.zip - that seems to have fixed the problem. Been playing for about an hour now and have fallen in love already.

Thanks for the assist!

3 Likes

I’m glad you got it to work. :smile:
@xamo21, does reinstalling help at all?

1 Like

I can not access any of the pre set buildings, I have gone into the files and I have looked at their files, but they do not show up in the game.

hey there @kobe_m_veschio … welcome aboard! :smile:

can you please take a screenshot of the building UI? upload it to imgur.com and provide the link here…

additionally, which build are you playing?

thanks!

1 Like

Try to do this as it’s commented in the post above:

And see if it works. And as @SteveAdamo asks, which version are you playing?

I also have this problem - very frustrating, as I’d love to be able to combine pre-built templates and custom buildings for my towns.

Installed via the Humble Bundle installer, release 489, x64

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game with no difference. Next I will try the .zip instead of the installer, but I wanted to let y’all know that this is still an issue :slightly_smiling: The files are in the folder for building templates, they just do not show up in game.

UPDATE: The .zip file install did give me the templates :slight_smile: Looking forward to using them now!

Hey there @AppleJamnPB, welcome to the Discourse! Thanks for the update, glad to know you got it working.

However, I am concerned that the building templates were missing from the Humble Bundle Installer…going to page @brad and @Albert to make them aware. Off to do some testing myself :wink:.