Building deconstruction does not remove furniture

Summary:
When a building is being constructed and “destroy” is selected, the workings will stop building, place all the furniture that was intended to be place in the building, and then proceed to deconstruct without removing the furniture that was just placed down.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Construct a building that has furniture in its floorplan
  2. Destroy the building when it’s partially completed

Expected Results:
Complete deconstruction of the building

Actual Results:
Deconstruction of the walls/floors while ignoring furniture, sometimes causing loss of resources, sometimes causing a halt in the deconstruction of the furniture is in the way.

Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
No mods, develop-2960

System Information:
Windows 10, Intel i5 cpu, Nvidia Geforce 780.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @ddemarco5 :slight_smile:

This one sounds tricky. Undeploying furniture is different than making a building disappear, so it might be working as expected (as in they don’t destroy the furniture). I think we’ve seen other bug reports about trying to deconstruct while the building is not finished yet.

Anyway, deconstruction shouldn’t halt or cause loss of resources, so thanks for reporting. I don’t know if the furniture is taken into account for this situation, in any case the building system is in need of another pass to improve it, fix bugs and add some features, but devs are not working on building at the moment, we’ll have to wait for a while.

1 Like