Build as many shapes as possible

While trying to reproduce a crash bug, I came across this.

To get this, knock out a T-Shape floor, add walls and set your roof to 8 levels before adding it. Now reduce the roof to 2 levels and the extra bits of wall will stay.

Trying to actually build it will cause an endless supply of errors when your villagers try to build wall blocks in the same place as your roof blocks though.

5 Likes

Paging @ponder; another issue for the engineering annals of peaked roofs.

2 Likes

It’s a rabbit house! :scream:

3 Likes

This was originally suppose to be all dramatic and stuff but I reached a point where I couldn’t save any more. 2 of them made 10 stories.

7 Likes

:eyes: 10 stories! That are really ancient skyscrapers.

2 Likes

Ok those towers are amazing, especially the circular one.

1 Like

Hey,

So I was putting together some buidings and founds I needed to add extra ladders.

Building design looks like this:

And the following extra ladders are needed to complete:

Thanks!

I have also decided to include a link to the template I built using this:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4290314/grub%20hut.json

2 Likes

Ah, ladder engineering. I imagine we’ll have to use ladders to finish things for quite a while. There is good news, however: ladder engineering’s importance seems to have gotten lower for slab and/or multi-story buildings, and I imagine future alphas will decrease the amount of ladders that have to be used further. Still, I don’t know why you need ladders for a single-story building - a scaffolding bug, perhaps?

2 Likes

While this is a bug, here is a nice place for this feedback.

Let’s hope @sdee hears you.

1 Like

This one shape

looks simple but error-prone.

1 Like

Tossing another one:

These buildings are pretty, but not much buildable…

1 Like
2 Likes

I dont know if a simple thread exist for show all the simple construction error.

But if you can manage this simple construction… :

[Release-447]

1 Like

Another but only edge on 3 side
(1 good on 7 try.)

4 Likes

I had the same problem the only solution is to built for them some ladder in order to build the pillar ^^

I hope to help you :smile:

1 Like

this is a problem with edges being bigger on top or bottom or both, Right now hearthling will not scaff inside the build. you have to use ladders to help finish the build. ie: look at ur pics as you can see they finished the 3rd from the left, that’s cause nothing sticks out on 2 sides, but the others all have tops or bottoms that stick out. Just so you understand. They havent done the script on the Ai to let them build from the inside up to outer edge. Hope this helps you understand why it is happening

2 Likes
1 Like

http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/the-buildings-my-hearthling-will-not-build-thread/14704?u=relyss

2 Likes