BUGS as of 15/09/2017

Summary:

After playing the game for 40 hours straight, I have found the following bugs:

1. Trying to change a Herbalist job downwards. Going up to a Cleric is absolutely fine but changing from a Herbalist to something else gives an error where you have to reset the UI by pressing F5.

2. Aware of the recent building code restructure, I am only gently approaching this. When your minions are building, they will produce/build things such as chairs, beds and doors to go with the building. This is not the case however, when you are building a room with comfy furniture. You have to produce the base wooden furniture before they can do the rest.

3. Again, when building, your minions will produce the necessary materials for the job. A bug occurs when you are trying to save time by using a merchant to grab the parts that you need. It will leave the building forever unfinished despite the fact that you have indeed finished the building.

4. Minions will get stuck on a ledge and do not appear intelligent enough to build themselves a ladder to get up or down. Perhaps this would be implemented when the backpack feature is?

5. Sometimes when removing a building that is not fully completed, it will leave ladders floating in the air, meaning you need to build a completely pointless structure to remove it and then remove this structure.

6. Xepug Trakvar cannot be killed.

Everyone, please be mindful that I am being as polite as possible and any help if you can would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, @Chris_HowDoI :slightly_smiling_face:

Which version of the game were you playing when you noticed all these bugs?
I’m mostly talking because of #6 there, haven’t heard of it in a while.

I couldn’t reproduce #1 but it was reported several times by players so it’s on our list to fix. We know what happens but can’t figure out the exact cause that makes the UI enter into that state. Reloading usually helps, glad you noticed the new button.

About #2, we don’t have a recursive way for crafting implemented (if you’re interested, there’s a mod called Smart Crafter). Crafting will be revisited on A23, so I’ll remind devs about it, maybe we want to add it eventually now that we’re reworking that system.

#3 sounds like it could have been caused by something else, rather than the merchant, but I’ll try to repro with your steps and see if that’s the case.

Concerning #4, they aren’t smart enough, yeah. But we do have now a tech that can potentially allow for this. We need to find a way to either allow them for that, or notitying you clearly when that happens so that you don’t notice right when they’re already starving to death.
If the case you’re talking about is related to building, this shouldn’t be a problem with the new building editor once we release it. Same for #5.

Thanks for reporting!

3 Likes

Many thanks for acknowledging my post!

The version I am currently on is 0.22.5 (release 763) x64 build.

As for #6 it is the first time it has happened since owning the game so I shrugged it off as he eventually just despawned.

1 Like

Yeah, reloading does help killing him. So it’s still happening on the most recent version hmm :thinking:
Thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

:merry::jubilant:
gniiiiii

1 Like

Okay, I just started a new game, using the swamp biome, and got 2 new errors:

release-763 (x64)[M]
std::logic_error: 'Calling iterator method on non-iteratable: find’
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'load’
stonehearth/components/fixture/fixture_component.lua:10: in function <stonehearth/components/fixture/fixture_component.lua:6>
[C]: in function 'resume’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:469: in function '_do_resume’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:74: in function 'resume_thread’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:26: in function ‘loop’
…nehearth/services/server/threads/threads_service.lua:11: in function 'instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:291: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:265: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:398: in function '_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:446: in function '_update’
radiant/server.lua:61: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

release-763 (x64)[M]
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'create_entity’
radiant/modules/entities.lua:24: in function 'create_entity’
stonehearth/ai/actions/produce_crafted_items.lua:134: in function '_add_outputs_to_bench’
stonehearth/ai/actions/produce_crafted_items.lua:27: in function <stonehearth/ai/actions/produce_crafted_items.lua:21>
[C]: in function ‘run’
…tonehearth/services/server/tasks/run_task_action.lua:143: in function <…tonehearth/services/server/tasks/run_task_action.lua:141>

[C]: in function 'run’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:607: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:591>
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:591: in function '_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:273: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270>
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270: in function 'f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

Mods I’m using for this game:
better_stockpiles
endpieces
finetems
patrol_mod
rayyas_children
settlementdecor
settlementdecor_bs
swamp_goblins

I don’t remember seeing these before and they didn’t seem to be from the swamp biome as far as I could tell, but that isn’t saying much, sorry. :glum:

Okay, I started a new game again, without swamp biome and got the same errors. Perhaps it is Finetems if it isn’t the new update? That is the only mod that I’ve never yet used.

1 Like

It could be. Can you try disabling it and starting a new game?
The errors seem to be from crafting, although the first one might be related to building.

If those errors still appear, try disabling one mod at a time and starting a new game.

I did start a new game with Finetems disabled and ran through 15 days. I did not get any error, so I will guess that the mod is the problem. I’ll post over in that thread next.

1 Like