Invincible orc refuses to die

Summary:
Got attacked randomly as usual, but the orc is missing the health bar and refuses to die despite being attacked by so many of my soldiers.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Orc appears suddenly
  2. Send soldiers to attack said orc
  3. Orc doesn’t die.

Expected Results:
He is supposed to die.

Actual Results:
Soldiers fought for over ten minutes until I eventually closed the game.

Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 21

System Information:
MSI Nvidia 1060, 16gb ram, win 10

I ran across this yesterday evening in r720. I had a goblin hearthtender who refused to die no matter how much my soldiers beat on it. After a minute or so I just sent the group away to town through the move order. I figured that it just hadn’t despawned for some reason and was a miscommunication of some type. After reloading the game the goblin was gone.

1 Like

That’s an Ogre: apparently, by the description, it was once an ork but it’s just gone ‘Terribly wrong’ (Not having a dig at you or anything)

Besides that, I had an entling who refused to die, 6 knights, 4 archers, 8 clerics and 2 footmen attacking it, along with about 10-20 turrets (Hoarding Engineers and bronze/iron ingots helps a lot)… so ENTLINGS HAVE BALLS! but seriously, Golden’s right, just Save/Reload and it should help. <3

1 Like

I came acrossed this in alpha 21, He was hidden behind a tree and I was wondering why he wasn’t dying, took about 3 minutes until I saved and reloaded, as posted above, that should help. :slight_smile:

Nope, @Faye, it wasn’t an ogre or an orc. It was a goblin hearthtender. :slight_smile: He didn’t even fight back, just cowered in place most of the time and ran a couple of steps away rarely, then cowered again.

@Golden as talking to Shananagrams, I never used the @ sign thingie until meow.

Ah, okay. :slight_smile:

I felt kinda bad watching him getting beat down.

When this happens, just save and reload and he will die. But if you have good steps to repro, let us know.
I’ve seen this happen once myself, and now there are several reports about it here and in Steam, which is weird (is it getting worse?). Definitely something to worry about :worried:

Summary:
I was playing in Easy, and am having CONSTANT attacks on my village, no biggy. I noticed that after time my first group of warriors began to start becoming lazy, they began disobeying orders and just patrolling. I got another raid, and I had one orc that would not die, my army began getting hungry and hurt and were slowly but painfully literally fighting themselves to the point of starvation, and none of my villagers were carrying them to safety. The bug was that the orc wouldn’t die.
Steps to reproduce:

1. have a lot going on
  2. maybe 2+ groups of armies?
  3. have a lot of raids

Notes:
I had a lot of things going on, such as the construction of a giant wall and other buildings. I also noticed my hearthlings refused to move my loom.

Steam release 721.
Mods:

1. smart crafter
    System Information:
    GTX 970
    16 GB ram
    Intel® Core™ i7-6800k CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
    Windows 10

Welcome to the Discourse @TibbCrafter !

Sorry you’re having issues

The immortal orc bug is one that has been around for a few alphas now, it’s rather odd and rare, but i does happen, reloading the save/game might fix it, if not you can click on the orc to highlight it , press ctrl+C to open the console, and with the orc highlighted, type Destroy in the console and it will delete the thing you selected, it is early acces so thees are something to be expected now and then

As for having a Lot of raids, it couldbe the case if you finished the orc campaign(the gongs), if so undelpoying all the gongs will cause them to stop and return to mostly normal paces or raids

Just in case, could you upload you save for the Devs to see? It will be located where you installed the game, and you can upload it here directly or through a different path like gDrive

Thanks for the reply, I will load back into my save and try that out. the save I’m about to upload will be the autosave about a minute or two before the unstoppable orc, as well as the save I made during the battle with him. I hope they will both be of help.
Minutes before Orc
During battle with Orc

Summary:
My town gets attacked by a trol thing, what can’t die
Steps to reproduce:

1. A group of goblins attacked
  2. We killed them all
  3. One (a trol) can’t die

Expected Results:
He dies when you attacks him, just like the other enemies.
Actual Results:
the troll doesn’t die
Notes:
he came with two trols (one of them just died) a goblin and two goblin wolfs
Attachments:

release-707
no mods
System Information:
windows 10

1 Like

I saved and loaded my game, and the trol was dead.

Welcome to the forum, @bassieboy03 :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, reloading is a workaround for this bug.

This bug is difficult to reproduce, seems to happen randomly, although there are players that apparently experience it more often. Did any of your combat units have traits related to combat (like hothead, maybe)? Did you reissued combat commands while in that fight? Did you cancel any command or change the target?

Summary:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Varanus attacks
  2. Varanus climbs down ladder
  3. 2 Guards attacks it while on ladder

Expected Results:
Kills Varanus

Actual Results:
No health indicator appears. Varanus kills Guards and goes down ladder and is completely invincible and can kill entire village

Notes:
Just reload the last save and then move guards back a bit to avoid.
BTW for the entire development team keep up the great work

Attachments:
Don’t know if all monsters and enemies are like this

Alpha 21.0. No mods in use

System Information:
I dont know :confused:

Welcome to the forum, @Chungseng_Ngor_Chung :slightly_smiling_face:

When you see this happening, just save and reload and the enemy will die.

Do you have any tips for reproducing the bug?

During the event were the goblin with a fancy hat swaggers into town, i decided to fight the goblin camp but during the fight i killed one of the goblins and his HP bar went away but he did not and now my army is fighting eternally with this goblin :sweat_smile:. (I can’t figure out how to find the engine error’s to past them here.)

Not talking about it being difficult. But this last remaining goblin cannot be defeat. They been hammering at it for 2 minutes or so, at the highest speed, and my squad of 6, (1 cleric, 2 knights, 2 footman and 1 archer) cannot seem to even damage the enemy. Both footmen are level 6, have decent weapons.

Have survived past the helpful goblin explaining the story about his Kahn. This did not seem to be a special invasion.

Steps to reproduce:
No idea, beyond maybe having a enemy spawn with too high defense?

Alpha 22, release 737

System Information:
Windows 8.1, 64bit
Steam

1 Like

It sounds like the invinsible goblin/orc bug… try save and reload to see if it helps? :merry:
The developers are aware of the bug.

1 Like

Summary:
a goblin was immortal. He would ran away and my footsmen would follow him but he didnt lose health
Steps to reproduce:

1. spawn random goblin
  2. The goblin doesn’t lose health

Expected Results:
The goblin loses health
Actual Results:
The goblin doesnt lose health
Notes:

Attachments:

Alpha 22
System Information: