Bug with Chief Goblin request

Hello,
So I have encountered a bug with fulfilling the Goblin chief’s request. I have about 8 Mean beds, it is saying I have 1 in his request panel and will not let me give them to him. Just wanted to share.

3 Likes

This might be related to this other bug:

Probably something around what @Wuelfe suggested…

2 Likes

I read that thread, happened to me twice. The first time I lost my whole village. :frowning: But the second time I just ignored his request until I had a large enough army to kill him, and THEN broke the news to him :laughing: That will teach him to pick on poor little hearthlings!

With alpha there are bound to be bugs, which is why I swore I never would buy another Steam early access. But these bugs are tolerable and I am glad I went against myself, probably one of the best games I’ve played in a while!

1 Like

it certainly is a good game. glad your enjoying it, and its a good thing you went against your word :wink:

Yep, this looks exactly like what had happened to me some time ago.

A goblin stomped into my village demanding, among other things, 2 silver ingots. Now my inventory at the time held only a single silver ingot, but also a couple silver ore, so this should not have been a problem. I set my blacksmith about smelting an additional ingot to meet their demands, which he completed post haste.

As can be seen from these screenshots, my stockpile clearly contains 2 silver ingots, and my town inventory reflects this.

However, for some reason, the goblins are not interested in the second ingot. These screenshots show the window displayed when clicking on the “Satisfy the Goblins” event in the event list, and also the popup when the goblins return to pick up their silver ingots. As you can see, for some reason it is only counting 1 of 2 for the silver ingots, despite clearly having 2 in my inventory.

This bug has been posted. I commented it here:

And it was posted here also:

i moved it to this one, as it seemed to be that same bug, where as the other one seemed different, could be wrong though.

The first one the initial post was a different situation, yeah, but I’d brought it up in the conversation. Hence why I thought to add it as a link also. (Though in hindsight I should have flipped the order of posting them lol )

2 Likes