Bug or not on the clayroof?

Title: Clay roofs! bug or not?

Summary:
When i place a clay roof on a building Everything works fine, BUT the way the roof looks like is just weird?
If you look in between the logs on the clay roof, you will see that there is nothing there? is it supposed to be like this? or is it just a bug?
and when you look at the small logs that’s coming out of the sides of the roof, thay are one block below the logs that are on the inside of the wall.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game as usual
  2. start making your house
  3. Place a clayroof on the walls of the house
  4. Look at the “holes” between the logs in the clayroof and the small logs that sticking out of the walls of the roof
  5. start building.
  6. and again: Look at the “holes” between the logs in the clayroof and the small logs that sticking out of the walls of the roof

Expected Results:
No holes in the roof and that the logs outside and inside the walls are at the same height

Actual Results:
There’s holes in the roof and the logs outside and inside the walls are not at the same height

Notes:
I’m not sure if it’s a bug or if it is supposed to be like that? :S

Attachments:

Versions and Mods:
Stonehearth 0.13.0 (build 2710) x64 build

System Information:
Windows 10, Intel core i7-6700k, Ram 16GB, NVidia GeForce GTX 970.

1 Like

Same here, but my guess is it’s a work in progress. Also, I wonder if the roof’s corners should not use the column’s material just below.

Tony explained that this is intended on Wednesday’s devstream[quote=“edron5, post:1, topic:17918”]
when you look at the small logs that’s coming out of the sides of the roof, thay are one block below the logs that are on the inside of the wall.
[/quote]
I am assuming this is intentional as well. To me it would look odd if the protruding pieces were flush with the top of the roof or the center pieces were lower.

Need confirmation on this though

1 Like

Really? That’s kind of weird when heartlings are under severe temperature to let the sun hit the inside of the houses! :frowning:

I was thinking that, too, and also what if it rained? It isn’t that likely to rain in the desert, but if it did, it would be uncomfortable to sleep under.

After that, I remembered seeing somewhere that some roof styles like this used linen as tarps that could be, IIRC, rolled and unrolled or moved and replaced to suit the needs of the day. Linen is a very useful fabric choice in hot climates, due to its absorptiveness.

I noticed another bug during the stream. Haven’t tried it in game (and don’t have time right now) so don’t know if it’s still there.

Dev stream 115 at 2:18:11

The small logs on the outside of the wall doesn’t always align with the logs on the inside and on the other side of the house. I’m guessing it’s because the sides of the roof are always built in a clockwise manner, so if the wall has the “wrong” offset compared to the wall on the other side of the house the patterns won’t align. The patterns needs to extend from the same origin… or something like that…

Maybe this should be in a separate thread, but it felt wrong when I hadn’t tested it in game yet. Maybe someone else could give it a quick try.

I tried an alternative way with these roofs. Above the slats i put 2 layers of slabs, then covered the top of the slabs with rugs from the weaver. Then I deleted all but the corners of the slabs beneath the rugs. Now it still looks open, but with cloth above to block out the sun. Turned out pretty well.

3 Likes

Well the missing slats in the roof is not a bug thats confirmed by the stream. I actually like the style and look of them, gives the building a feeling of creating shade and encouraging hot air to leave. There are bugs big ones such as the game freezing completely when making overhangs. The height thing of the central beams does get me though.