Bug: Hearthlings use windows as doors

Summary: Hearthlings use windows as doors

Steps to reproduce:

1. create a house with all windows.
  2. watch hearthlings use the windows instead of door

Expected Results: hearthlings use the door not windows.

Actual Results: hearthlings use windows and not door.

Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
mods: personal color mods.

System Information:

2 Likes

This has been here forever LMAO

this is the first time it has happened to me. LOL

1 Like

reported this before :slight_smile: use smaller windows, or 1 block higher to fix it

yes i realize this. but it is not the look I was going for. I wanted to go for a green house type look.

If you make the interior of the house 1 block deeper while keeping the exterior it will solve the problem. Put the house floor on level with the path. That way they will stop using the windows.

Have fun, Kyth.

No need to change the design, just add a small block or object at that corner where he landed, to block its path, so it will not try to jump out of the windows, as there would be no path.

He used that windows because all others are blocked by the plants. That corner window though offers that diagonal block space as path.

1 Like

sorry to say, but they do that to all the windows. that one is just more often used.

Sorry, checking now I see that its hitbox is just one block high, it is like a simple block piece there.
So one way to block them without changing the design is using the debug tools and raising the hitbox of the planters, so they block the pathes. (although very time consuming)

I like that light blue! :smiley:

I think windows treated as portals also helps when building, to prevent hearthlings getting stuck and allowing for more paths with the scaffolding. But I agree it’s kind of annoying to see them using windows instead of doors. :confused:

1 Like