Bronze isn’t worth making right now, with iron being so much easier to make and providing superior items.
Look how much it cost to make one bar of Bronze vs one Bar of Iron.
Now compare the bronze mace to the iron mace, and bronze armor to iron armor.
I see a few things that could be considered.
- Change the recipe for bronze so that one tin bar + one copper bar + one wood block = 2 bars bronze so bronze items are easier to get and desirable for early game defenses.
- Set a min level for iron crafting.
- Improve stats on bronze armor.
- Add more bronze items (shield)
- add bronze/iron/steel tools that provide bonuses to other professions
Right now it seems much more efficient to start making iron armor and weapons and ignore bronze. Iron and coal is useful, all other ores are just clogging up the inventory.
additional note - I do realize that all these items are going going to change as this is alpha and all - but bronze crafting (and any issues that may occur) will not get as much testing if the value for making these items is absent. When I was brand new to the game, I spent a bunch of time trying to craft bronze and learned a bunch about the problems than can occur when you try to ‘maintain x in stockpile’. Now that I’ve played a while, I just skip that input entirely. With the blacksmith having so many potential materials as inputs, a lot more can go wrong with his crafting queue. I think we should encourage using as many materials as possible here.