Banished - Released Today (18th Feb)!

yeah, reading his blog he did mention wanting to take some time to look into other projects… but im sure that has more to do with burnout (after three years of straight development) than not wanting to continue with the concept… time will tell! :smile:

Continuing the discussion from Banished (Game):

Today (18 Feb) is the day Banished is supposed to be released on Steam. I’ve been looking forward to this one for quite a while.

I wasn’t really interested in the game, but I’m kinda interested in it.

thanks for the reminder @2_Zons… I know you referenced the existing thread in your OP, but I think a merge would be best… this thread was only 40 posts deep, so, plenty of room for growth!

and for those who are interested, there is now a purchase option on the developers site! :+1:

Shining Rock Software

$20 is quite tempting … if it was $15 I’d be there without a doubt!

I’ll wait and see what people think to it before I go ahead and make the purchase!

Also I updated the title to reflect the importance of today, so don’t worry @2_Zons :smiley:

1 Like

Its worth noting that if you buy from the developer directly you get a DRM free copy and a Steam key from Humble Bundle.

So for those of you that are counting down those last few hours… there is no need! You can play the DRM free version now.

1 Like

It looks like a great game but Totalbiscuit’s review made me rethink things, If I am going to die as often as he says I think I wait until a sale

keep in mind, this is a hardcore survival game, where the player is micromanaging the various needs of the units (clothing, food, shelter)…

there will be massive fluctuations in population growth and decline, based on how well the various systems are balanced…

no mobs to fend off, just good ol basic necessities… :+1:

1 Like

sighs

I purchased it.

I couldn’t help myself.

I feel dirty, like I’ve compromised my own mind.

2 Likes

I purchased it, and instead of feeling dirty, I feel like I’m on top of the world! This game is awesome!

Also, @Geoffers747, remember this. If you become too dirty, @SteveAdamo will have you banished.

See what I did there?

1 Like

I did, it was majestic.

I jumped straight into the game, the randomly generated name Emeradosa (or something, I can’t remember) has sprung from simple origins.

With the rain lashing in, and some simple houses being built, it’s safe to say that these villagers have no clue what is happening. May Raya shine her glorious wonder across game universes and guide them.

1 Like

I felt that way when I bought Both Witchers for 5 Euro in a steam sale…

I feel the villagers of Emeradosa are going to horribly die soon for three reasons, 1. @Geoffers747 is in charge and 2. That game is supposed to be really hard and 3. @Geoffers747 [quote=“Geoffers747, post:51, topic:2857”]
jumped straight into the game,
[/quote]
And is probably horribly inexperienced

1 Like

How dare you.

I’ll have you know I only built a rather large field that is too large for the village, have completely ran out of food and am urging the fishermen to fish faster, and have placed things far too away from each other approximately reducing my efficiency by 4590%.

It’ll be better next time.

I promise.

1 Like

:smile:

the only “advice” i can offer, after watching a smattering of LPs, is to not build houses too quickly, as some of your more greedy citizens will horde all the winter surplus, and you will see citizens start to drop like flies in winter…

Everyone’s dead. The end has come, we will rebuild, we will be better, we will survive for a moderately longer amount of time than the previous village until we all die of starvation or pestilence, whichever comes first

2 Likes

What do you mean “We”? I don’t think any villagers are going to trust you EVER again…Let alone let you lead them…

2 Likes

Tell that to the trusting citizens of Buttonwood! They survived their first winter :slight_smile:

1 Like

But will they survive you?

Just bought it too,gonna play it later after the champions league game. Keep in mind that there is a mod kit on its way so there is a bright future for this game:)

1 Like

Man City v Barca? Or Bayer Leverkusen v PSG?

Sounds great! I’d seen something regarding modding previously but wasn’t too sure if there would be a mod kit. It seems like a great experience so far, a hard learning curve, but great nonetheless :slight_smile: