Expected Results:

Actual Results:
Player Two’s Carpenter has an activity of “Away from town”
Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Vanilla

System Information:

Currently, that should only happen when the player is disconnected (and their hearthlings disappear). If you see this while they are connected, can you explain how the game got into this state?

We were connected, and we tried reconnecting… the funny thing was that when P2 was in the process of connecting you could see her carpenter, but the moment she got into the game, the carpenter disappeared.

Thanks for the details. We’ll take a look.

Okay, full diatribe:

P1 (me) hosted a game, P2 (gf and brand new to sh) joins via steam invite - we literally are sitting next to each other on the couch. Everything works well enough, P1 saves game and disconnects, P2 is kicked to main menu.

~10 hours later, sit down to play again and pick town back up.

P1 loads game and invites P2. After P2 tries to build some tunnel doors for her mole farm, she notices her carpenter isn’t performing any work. The Character window states an activity of “Away From Town”. Clicking on any other character in the character window results in focusing on that character… except the carpenter.

Both P1 and P2 look for the character in game… it does not exist.

P2 disconnects and P1 sends another invite. The moment the Poyo Starts spinning on P2 load screen, P1 can see all of P2’s characters INCLUDING THE CARPENTER and P2’s mouse. The moment P2 can see her town (mole tunnels) the carpenter vanishes. Eventually the carpenter gets really sad and starts to starve to death.

Telling the carpenter to change back to worker doesn’t cause the carpenter to “drop” the saw or change jobs.

Volunteering P1 carpenter to work for P2 results in a carpenter that just restocks and mines (didn’t check harvest). The P1 carpenter working for P2 would not execute the job queue for P2…

if you want the server save it’s ~32 mb

Thanks! That’s very helpful. A save would definitely further help us diagnose the cause. If it’s too big to attach even zipped, feel free to upload it somewhere else (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and post a link here.

1 Like

Saved Game:SH-Saved-180505.zip (5.9 MB)

1 Like

heyho i have get this report too Steam Community :: Shooter6100 :: Screenshots i will ask for the savegame - got the information that the carpenter, footmen and other hearhtlings disappear. @Lorki will upload the savegame

The Save to Shooters Problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16F03fzvIoj8w-Qn21i6eUuXK0NhWs4dw/view?usp=sharing

Okay, so we just had the same thing happen in our game. Luckily, I managed to click on the hearthling that was badly affected before she vanished. I opened up the console to try to see if I could save her because she was dying and managed to do so.

So, here’s how I managed to fix it (out of desperation on the other player’s behalf):

1. Paused the game.
  2. Clicked on Hearthling suffering “Away from Town” status.
  3. Opened console and used ‘teleport’ command to click her back onto the map.
  4. Unpaused the game.

Immediately after I did this, we found another hearthling suffering the same status. The exact method described above worked, but by the original player clicking the hearthling through their Citizens menu.

That seemed to get her back to rights and she immediately resumed her usual behaviors.

@max99x There is a confirmed fix now.

1 Like

You can also select them in the citizens list view rather than worrying about trying to click on them in the world before they disappear (at least, shift-clicking them in that view with debug_tools enabled brings up the menu that lets you teleport them).

I did mention that in my post. Since I didn’t have their citizens menu, I had to click on them myself.

and if anyone is confused by @Spell_Blade reply… to reproduce the fix

• pause game
  • press ctr+c
  • click character photo (or any other object)
  • click console text bar
  • type teleport and hit enter
  • move the now appeared flag to a point on the map
  • click enter / mouse (depending on set-uo)

removed un-needed step

1 Like

I was the one who suffered from this bug just recently.

For anyone who doesn’t know how to open the console, press ctrl + c.
My hearthling nearly starved to death, so we paused the game and Spell Blade was looking for a solution and found it.
Before the devs ship out a fix for it, I suggest using this technique to temporarily fix this for yourself as well.

@Unreal_Gam3er You don’t have to ignore the console. Once they’re clicked, they stay clicked if you open the console.

1 Like

meh… i always have to do it the long way huh :confused:

Is ok no battle please ^^
when i play again and this error comes i know this ^^
But it has mutch more probs in the Multiplayer / Builder.
I hope on a fix for all this.

1 Like

sorry @Lorki its ok… me and @Spell_Blade know each other… its glad to meet someone half as crazy as i am :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s just how we are :slight_smile: and i thought i would explain fully to reproduce to those who dont know :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Lorki @Wiese2007 What was the name of your town in the save you uploaded that was seeing the problem of Hearthlings disappearing after reconnecting?

IIRC, Wiese2007 tends to name his village “Graslands” or something like that. I could be mistaken, but I’ve played with him a few times.

EDIT: Confirmed with Wiese: “Grasland”