Aviex's Creations

Few more polls to see what mechanic you guys’ prefer.

#When you chop a tree

• Drop a few logs per tree, spread out while chopping it
  • Drop all the logs it gives when you chop it down completely
  • Other?

0 voters

#When you are killing a monster

• Each attack gives exp based on damage dealt
  • Exp is rewarded when monster is slain.

0 voters

Alright nothing GROUND BREAKING but, it now displays the required level for items in the tooltip and if you do not meet those levels it will let you know.

I also added multiple skill levels required to use the nightmare bow, just to show that I do plan on having hybrid weapons in-game. Such as magic swords, enchanted bows, battle staffs, etc.

5 Likes

Currently working on a window that shows all your skill levels. I plan to do something similar to the runescape skill window for compactness with icons for each skill(which is one thing I do not have, a pixel artist).

2 Likes

Working on my best attempt to make icons though they’re pretty terrible.
I want to closely resemble in-game objects just… not voxel shaped.

Try # 2?

Re-touched so Try #3 ?

2 Likes

Here’s the idea i had for the different skill levels of skills

Basically each tier would have their own border, and each tier would just be a 1-5 roman numeral at the base of the border(think league i guess?).

That way just but looking at the icon quickly you can tell if a skill is Noob 1 or Grand Master 5.

I thought of having these icons on the tooltip at the bottom of items to let you know what level it takes to use an item rather than it say in words “REQUIRES NOOB 1 MINING

2 Likes

OR like this for Something like “Master 2 Mining

1 Like

Here’s my idea for the different borders for each ranking

#Noob

#Apprentice

#Novice

#Journeyman

#Expert

#Master

Still looking at what I’ll do for the Grand Master Ranking

Maybe something like this for Grand Master?

4 Likes

Here’s the skill icons so far, many still left to do, but I’m not an artist so…

#Combat

Melee

Ranged

Magic

#Collection

Woodcutting

Mining

Fishing

Hunting

Capturing

#Artisan
Shipbuidling

Smithing

Cooking

Crafting

Apothecary

Theurgy

Fletching

5 Likes

Feel free to give any feedback about them.

I really could use any advice/feedback when it comes to making 2D art. :smile:

i love the bow and arrow :heart_eyes:

but there is something wrong with the tree imho. perhaps something more like this:

also perhaps a different background color for the pickaxe? the blue is not my fav. but that is purely a matter of taste :wink:

Btw, i always look forward to this post, the progress you’re making is amazing! Keep it up!

2 Likes

I’m trying to go with 3 separate colors to use for each of the different categories of skills.

Combat skills will be red background.
I was thinking that teal-ish color for collection skills(both mining+woodcutting+others)
And maybe a purple for artisan skills(crafting, shipbuilding,etc).

So, you think something more like this would look better?

Also would this be a better background for collecting skills?

1 Like

Update added hunting icon.
Update added fishing icon.
Update added Magic icon though it’s kinda… ugly so i might re-do or try something else.
Update added Smtihing icon.

1 Like

hmmm now that i see it i’m not so sure anymore :slight_smile:

this background color suits it better imo. it’s not such an imposing color if you know what i mean

Love em :heart_eyes: Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Update Added ship building but I might change it real soon.

Update Added Alchemy, I think it’s one of my favorite so far.

Update re-naming Alchemy to Witchcraft as it defines what the role of the skill is better and updated the icon for it.

2 Likes

K, so my friend who’s working on this with me has helped me re-arrange how this skill is going to work out.

So now, “Witchcraft” is going to be split into 2 different skills.

One will be Apothecary and the other idk yet

Apothecary is going to focus more on taking resources and making usable items out of them so like potions, poisons, buffing tonics, etc.

The other skill will focus more on taking resources and making them into equipment for mages, staves, robes, etc.

Will update with the new apothecary skill soon.

1 Like

Added new, other half of the old witchcraft, skill Theurgy

Theurgy will involve taking resources you obtain and creating weapons/clothing for Mages to use.

Its other half Apothecary will do similar things but instead focus on creating potions/tonics to be used.

Theurgy will be all crafting oriented with themes in magic whereas Apothecary will be all crafting oriented with themes in science.

5 Likes

Update added cooking icon, 3 more to go!!!

I will just update this post when I finish the other 3

Still unsure what to use to repesent melee combat.

Update added fletching icon, 2 more to go!!!

Sorta just copied the icon they used for fletching on Runescape since I already have a bow as an icon for ranged.

1 Like

I really like a lot of them, but the level of detail’s a little inconsistent.

Compare the extremely flat tree, to the bolder if unshaded pickaxe, to the delightful shading on the loaf of bread [maybe I’m just hungry] and thin but readably detailed fishing rod, to the ship with extremely thin and busy details but no shading. I think some of them need more work, and possibly a bit of shading, but I think the boat’s details are a bit too small.

Then again, I’m really not an artist myself, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt.

I 100% agree with you. And more than likely ALL of them will be touched up a bit.

I just wanna get symbols in-game that repesent each skill now, and then touching up all the after that is done is no problem.

I am also, no artist.

Update Added Capturing Icon. kinda rough, but it’ll do for now.

Update Added Melee Icon. They’re all done!!!
Any opinions?

2 Likes