Assortment of Bugs as Noticed in Alpha 9, Build 256

I’m sure this isn’t the perfect or ideal bug reporting method but I’d rather make the attempt than just wait for someone else to make said reports if/when they encounter them. The following are bugs I noticed after 4 or so hours of continuous play in one of my towns. Of course it’s possible a few things I mention are intended features, not bugs.

No mods used.

System Info:

• Windows 7 x64
  • ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
  • Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core
  • EVGA ACX Cooler 03G-P4-2784-KR GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-bit GDDR5
  • G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600MHz
  • SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
  • Seagate Hybrid Drive ST2000DX001 2TB MLC/8GB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s NCQ 3.5" Desktop SSHD
  • Rosewill 1k Watt PSU

Save File
Attempted to upload but doesn’t like the .bin files so let me know how else to share it and I will.

• Daily trades in which goods are purchased occasionally result in that good received appearing at the town starter flag and never being moved into an appropriate stockpile. And yes I checked to ensure I had a stockpile that would accept said items. Most items traded seemed to be placed in stockpiles properly but after many hours some bolts of cloth I received never got moved and remained on the ground.
  • I noticed a workaround for this is to go to harvest > loot option and select the materials by the starter flag not being picked up.
  • If the starter flag is too close to a structure (but can still be placed) any items traded that should appear around the flag also end up on rooftops and I know of no way to get them down from the roof without destroying the structure.
  • Have not yet checked to see if building a ladder to the roof will allow workers to recover these items.
  • Perhaps something should be put into place to warn players of this or to outright prevent placing the flag too close to structures or elevation changes?
  • After accepting the goblin demands the second time I was unable to get the full amount of iron ore they requested in time. By not answering them (yes or no) and leaving the window open I was able to avoid repercussions by the goblins indefinitely until I eventually sent two of my well equipped footmen to take out the camp.
  • Ladders created by mining areas often get ore stuck on the ladder and workers do not pick up that ore. I don’t know if the ore is actually there or if it’s essentially a ghost item that’s no longer there, which could be why the workers ignore it. It’s possible other items get stuck on the ladders but I have not tested this myself.
  • The shepherd has some oddities in where they choose to work. I mapped a nearby work location (roughly 10x15 or so) on an elevated location with more than one ladder accessible nearby. The shepherd refused to work that location and just idled until I moved their work location much closer to the center of town, behind the dining hall.
  • Footman placed in a party would respond to attack location markers but not defense markers.
  • For some weird reason villagers/workers would randomly wander off in the direction of the nearest goblin camp to do who knows what, often resulting in their death.
  • Armor worn by footman (such as the iron armor) would sometimes display incorrectly on the footman model as seen below:

• When new buildings are being built sometimes objects are placed improperly or not at all, even if they’re available in a nearby stockpile. I notice that sometimes a building requiring 4 beds is being built and only 3 of the 4 are placed, despite 4 being in a stockpile.
  • At one point, one of the 2 bed cabins I built had logs left on the roof well after the structure was completed.
  • When building a new structure often times workers would remove beds or other objects from existing structures in order to place them in the new ones instead of taking the materials from a nearby stockpile or waiting until the material was available in a stockpile.
  • This of course results in having to move those objects back to where they were or put new objects back where the old ones had been manually. A minor issue compared to many others but still a bit obnoxious. You just want to say, “Hey! Hearthling, what’re you doing?! That bed belongs to that house!”
  • Graphical: Many trees appear to hover above ground, usually when they’re close to a change in elevation.
  • After building my second 4 bed sleeping quarters the AI refused to enter it. I checked the exterior of the building and it appears to be 100 percent built. Yet the AI will not enter to carry out orders, such as to place furniture or even remove furniture that was placed just following its construction.

That’s what I’ve noticed this time around in Alpha 9. I’m a huge fan of this game and I know it’s a huge burden for such a small team but I know meeting those ambitious goals has its own reward. I look forward to what’s to come.

P.S. - Excellent choice going with Discourse, we use it for our community and we love it! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

firstly, welcome to the discourse :smile:

secondly,

[quote=“Sern, post:1, topic:11639”]
Armor worn by footman (such as the iron armor) would sometimes display incorrectly on the footman model as seen below:
[/quote] this bug has been reported here,

[quote=“Sern, post:1, topic:11639”]
At one point, one of the 2 bed cabins I built had logs left on the roof well after the structure was completed.
[/quote] yu can manually build a ladder to the roof to get them down.

as for the others, im not sure.

3 Likes

Yeah, many of those bugs have already been reported. But anyway thanks for reporting :smile: !

This is meant to be like that, that party defend only works when town defence mode is activated, it is stated in the info upon hover.

this is a known old bug which has the easiest work-around EVER.

1. delete the ladder
  2. items drop to the floor
  3. rebuild the ladder
  4. PROFIT?

this indeed has been confirmed too, but be carefull with that cause i tried it too and an infite wave of goblin raiding parties spawned… you defo don’t want that xD

1 Like

Didn’t realize. It must have changed from the previous alpha version I played because I know it used to work the same as attack mode. It does make sense for two different modes to be doing two different things, not the same disguised with different buttons.

I leave it to others to come up with ingenious ideas like that. Maybe eventually if it bothered me enough I’d try it but it was only a minor issue for me so I just let it go. Will keep it in mind for next time.