Assertion Failed: sceneld <_scenes.size()

Summary:

Upon saving and then selecting ‘Quit to Main Menu’ the error occurred. See screenshot. I don;t believe it is repeatable. So this bug report might need more corroboration from other players to be useful.

If needed the save file I was coming out of was the one I have uploaded for the ‘maximum scaffold height’ bug I have just logged.

Steps to reproduce:

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
release 700 (x64)

System Information:
Windows 10

Summary:
I just loaded up a new game with ascendancy in the temperate biome with only the Rune mod enabled, to see if it still worked in A20. Seeing as there were no immidiate errors, I assumed it wasn’t, and went to exit the game (Not all the way, just to menu). Then, my screen changed to my desktop, but Stonehearth didn’t crash entirely. Instead, I was thrown the error. Upon clicking the Stonehearth Icon, it fully crashed. "Stonehearth has stopped working, click here to close the program.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load new game, Ascendancy, Temperate, only Rune mod active
  2. Promote a carpenter, make a stockpile, check carpenters recipes
  3. Exit to Main Menu

Expected Results:
I exit to the menu with no error.

Actual Results:

Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Only Rune mod, as stated above.
System Information:

Just to confirm, do you see this happen without Rune enabled?

No, I didn’t, and I’ve just tried to replicate it with Rune.

No error :glum:

Weird…

Yeah. Sounds like a bug related to Rune. I’ve moved this over to the Outdated Mods section for now. If the mod maintainers encounter a bug in the core game while trying to fix their mod, the team can review from there.

I will double check later, but I think I have had that exact same crash and error report. I do not use any mods, just what I downloaded and run from Steam. a20r699

It usually happens when I am reloading to a recent save after something goes wrong. :merry:

Ok, I just had this same error thrown again, exactly the same. Unless it’s a problem with the one item in Rune I haven’t checked yet (shouldn’t be, my mason isn’t a high enough level to make it [I should just change the level]), then it’s a problem with the base game.

Although I am using an outdated (but still fully functional) version of archipelago, and my log is filled with an error for “resources | error looking for manifest in tree_stump: invalid file path ‘tree_stump/manifest.json’.” @BrunoSupremo was this a problem in the last (not most recent, but one before) version of the Archipelago mod?

EDIT: Was not an issue with remaining item.

The spam in the log caused by the archipelago is that for each tree, it is trying to include the corresponding stump for it, from the stump mod. It can be safely ignored. (I didn’t found a way to avoid that spam in the log)

Just popped the error again :forlorn: 100% it’s not Rune mod here.

Just chiming in again to say that it’s happened again, lol.

Assertion Failed: sceneId < _scenes.size()(C:\rb\ihome\root\SH-OB-BUILD\stonehearth\source\horde3d\Source\Horde3DEngine\egScene.cpp:1550)

I’ve also had that error pop up when I tried to reload a save too soon after I had made it. I don’t think Stonehearth likes to restart within too short a play time.

This should be fixed in the latest stable. Feel free to bump if you see it again, and remember to make a screenshot of the error, since the lines/file may vary :slight_smile:

2 Likes