Anyway to save a game with continuing "assertion failed" error?

Not sure what happened but every few seconds now an “assertion failed” error pops up. I’ve closed and restarted the game. Is this saved game doomed ?

It shouldn’t. That assertion failure popup must be from the AI, which gets reset after reload.
But if the popup appears again, and you feel like you can’t continue playing that game because it always reappears sooner or later after loading, please upload that savefile so that we can take a look at it.

I’ve just filed that issue in our internal tracker so hopefully someone can take a look at it today.
Did you have any defense zone set up for your combat units, by chance? And, were you playing at normal speed or at high speed? How many hearthlings did you have?

The save file that had the reoccurring problem was an Auto Save. I went back to my latest manual save before that and it’s OK now. If it comes up again I’ll get a screenshot of the error. I often switch between all game speeds; including the highest speed. I may have had the red squad on defense out side my front gate at the time.

Thank you!

1 Like

Happened again; here’s the screenshot

1/3

release-784 (x64)
Unknown C++ exception
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'execute’
stonehearth/ai/actions/idle_action.lua:59: in function <stonehearth/ai/actions/idle_action.lua:18>
[C]: in function ‘execute’
…ctions/unit_control/unit_wait_at_location_action.lua:18: in function <…ctions/unit_control/unit_wait_at_location_action.lua:16>

[C]: in function 'run’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:515: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:499>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:66: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:499: in function '_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:273: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270>
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270: in function 'f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

2/3

release-784 (x64)
CHECK failed: C:\rb\ihome\root\SH-OB0-BUILD\stonehearth\source\lib\lua\ai\execution_frame.cpp:1007 Exiting run() in an unexpected frame.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘execute’
…ctions/unit_control/unit_wait_at_location_action.lua:18: in function <…ctions/unit_control/unit_wait_at_location_action.lua:16>
stonehearth/services/server/tasks/task_action.lua:196: in function <stonehearth/services/server/tasks/task_action.lua:193>
[C]: in function ‘run’

stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:515: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:499>
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:273: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270>

3/3

release-784 (x64)
CHECK failed: C:\rb\ihome\root\SH-OB0-BUILD\stonehearth\source\lib\lua\ai\execution_frame.cpp:982 invalid initial state “finished” in run
stack traceback:

Could you upload that savefile?
Instructions:

1. Find the save folder for the saves you wish to upload. By default, they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install).
  2. Zip the folder.
  3. Right click the folder (should be a long set of numbers).
  4. Left click on Send to in the menu that appears.
  5. Left click on `Compressed (Zipped) folder).
  6. (Optional) Rename the folder to something different than the default set of numbers.
  7. Upload the save.
  8. If the zip is less than 10 MB, you can upload it directly. Either use the upload button or drag and drop it into the compose window,
  9. If larger than 10 MB, upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

Sure thing; uploading through Discourse hereauto_save.7z|attachment (5.6 MB)

Is it possible these errors have anything to do with why my duders won’t go loot things? I have auto-loot off, I manually selected the items I wanted looted, the loot icon appears above them… they just don’t want to go get it. Also lots of other resources laying around they should be putting away but they don’t. I have 24 hearthlings with 7 dedicated laborers… all 24 have Haul checked. I get there’s a lot for them to do but it wasn’t always this bad… seems like there was a clear point where it feels like they started ignoring old objects on the ground. They were able to keep up just fine like an hour ago.