Anyone concerned if they don't reach 400k?

Great! We’ll see you in a week or so then! Take care :slight_smile:

That’s pretty much how I felt at first, but I figure since KS doesn’t take your money until the end of the month that I should pledge what I would have planned to help get the number higher. Then if it fails, I could always withdraw if they don’t have the co-op part.

Still, like I stated in one of my posts in another topic, I feel like coop should be a core feature and not some stretch goal.

1 Like

It is definitely a core feature. They’ve mentioned this in their streams, in this forum and replying to their Kickstarter backers. If you look for it, the information is there. The 400k stretch goal isn’t saying we don’t reach it, you don’t get it. It is to ensure they have the manpower to have it ready for launch. Having co-op isn’t as simple as pressing start on player 2.

They have a concept and they are building it. The core and fundamentals need to be established, tested and running first. The more money they have, the more resources they have. This is not them being greedy. This is them having the money to hire a contractor who needs to be making enough money from this project his/herself to put away a few months or years to do this.

These guys are not building a game that they’re going to dump on Sept 2014 and be on their way. They’re looking for a lifespan of up to 10 years. This is a huge and ongoing project. If we don’t see co-op in September 2014, we’ll see it after.

These people have quit their jobs to pursue a dream but they have mortgages, investments, savings and vacations too. I have no problem whatsoever with their 400k stretch goals and I’m getting tired of seeing these threads and posts everywhere.

Co-op will be in the game eventually. They’ve said and repeated this enough times; go look for it if you don’t believe me. If you want it there for first release, invest. If you don’t, it’ll get there eventually. If not enough people buy, invest or support the game, it won’t ever be there. That’s fine. For the rest of us, there’s a lovely game and idea here with a company we’d all like to see grow in the future.

Can we please let this thread disappear now?

4 Likes

What if… what if Co-op WERE as simple as pressing start for player 2! I mean… someone could just walk up and press start and start messing around with your stuff! Egads!

1 Like

@Zarx but you do realize that you can cancel their pledge if they don’t make it, right?

It’s just a stupid logic. I SINCERELY mean no offense, of course, but I wonder what number we’d be at right now if everyone who said “i’m not going to commit until they reach X” already had committed. I think it would be surprisingly large.

It’s so much smarter to say “i’m going to invest money now and if on the last day they don’t make it, I’ll take it out.” It would be a horrible irony if we DIDN’T make it because people like you DIDN’T invest.

4 Likes

If the game doesn’t have backgrounds on every NPC/Unit in the game with some randomly generated history like Dwarf Fortress. I fear the game will turn into another Towns or Castle Story. Especially if we get direct control over our units like a typical RTS game.

Now if NPCs don’t have personality or backgrounds, I’ll only play the game if it has coop. Otherwise I’ll just keep on playing Dwarf Fortress.

@CTheRain, sdee replied to me and it sounds like she’s planning on giving things backgrounds, history, and story. What form that will take and how elaborate hasn’t been explained, but there will definitely be interesting things to see and do within a better narrative context than Towns/CS.

Here’s a link to the post: Let’s talk story/lore

2 Likes

Co-Op is a core feature, they have stated that here on the forums before (too lazy to search it atm, i think ponder posted it) and its in the vid on the kickstarter page i believe. Its just WHEN they bring it out, if they reach the goal then it will come out with the release, if they don’t then they will invest some of the profits into making co-op a reality

Hecks gosh golly, I am just hoping we hit 300k tonight!

1 Like

$300,005 :smile: reached

2 Likes

$10,000 a day, we need at least 100k more, and we have like 15 days or something (I haven’t checked today and am about to but w/e).

I think we’ll hit 400k.

I just hope we hit 500k. alternate planes such much more interesting.

2 Likes

Stonehearth by Radiant Entertainment :: Kicktraq i hope we get the 600k goal in the future kickstarter projects normaly get a enormous boost in the last 3 days like the start of the campange. So dont worry
Look at Star Citizen Star Citizen by Cloud Imperium Games Corporation :: Kicktraq

2 Likes

It’s actually trending back up from where it was yesterday (believe it was 643k) which is encouraging. I’m still really confident we’ll hit 400k. Ironically, we might see a big jump in funding after that, since many people seem to be holding out for co-op play…

-Will

1 Like

Personally I would be disappointed if the game doesnt reach $400K initially I wasn’t going to back unless I thought it was getting Coop as I find many games are improved playing socially with friends and I doubt SH will be any different. I’ve backed now as I think it will easily get there as well as if everyone that wants coop waits the goal might not be reached. Despite the game looking great Im not sure how much Id play on single player where as chilling chatting to mates whilst creating a city is another matter. Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

Yeah looking at Kicktraq over the past few days it’s not unrealistic to hope for an 800k or so funding.

@Hieronymous I think 800k is a tad bit much. I think hoping for 500k and MAYBE for the super enthusiastic 600k is alright. My prediction has always been between 450-550. I WANT ALTERNATE PLANES! :@

1 Like

450-550k is what I’m thinking as well, but it could get much higher if a few gaming sites do a piece on them right before the kickstarter ends.

2 Likes

I agree that 450k to 550k is probably realistic at this point; and between the mac/linux ports, the PVP raids, the Co-Op mode AND alternate planes, plus all the ‘little’ goals we’ll unlock in the meantime there will be PLENTY to keep Radiant busy until the release!

-Will

1 Like

@wminsing that’s another reason why I REALLY wanna hit 500k. Each new stretch goal has been even more awesome than the last! Tom said that he can think of a lot of stretch goals but at a certain point they just won’t be able to do it any more because of time constraints… I would seriously like to see them reach that max (Which I would presume is somewhere between 600k and 700k)

1 Like