Multiplayer Planned?

I saw that modules will be able to be shared with other players but I’m curious if there are any plans for maybe a handful of friends to be on the same map each building up there own city of settlers to defeat great evil? Or possibly even able to attack or raid the other players cities?

2 Likes

"This kickstarter is to fund the single player version of the game. We would love to add cooperative multiplayer and PvP modes as well, and these will appear as future stretch goals. "

This is what they have on the kickstarter page at least :smiley:

1 Like

this is from there kickstarter page “This kickstarter is to fund the single player version of the game. We would love to add cooperative multiplayer and PvP modes as well, and these will appear as future stretch goals.” ya im really hoping for them to do this i have abunch of friends ready to play together

Not sure how I missed that on the kickstarter page, spent too much time focused on the kitten and puppy. xD I’m wondering how much money we can throw at them to get multiplayer

1 Like

@BrokenPixel
@nmd216
Thanks for picking up on that one, I’ll add it to the Q & A.

Please add Multiplayer for a stretch goal! There have been a lot of games I didn’t play for very long because I couldn’t play with friends

I think this should answer your concerns!

Taken from a response to a question on the kickstarter:

" We have many more stretch goals planned, hence the rows of ??? at the bottom of the scroll. Some of you have notice the pattern, where we have a BIG stretch goal like Mac/Linux support preceded by some smaller, content related stretch goals. Our upcoming goals will be a mix of new types of play, new content, and big new systems (it’s no mystery that multiplayer will be a stretch goal)."

Yes, even on the original kickstarter and above when it’s quoted they would “love to add cooperative multiplayer and PvP modes as well, and these will appear as future stretch goals.”

I’m just voicing my opinion that Multiplayer should be a top priority. My guess from their point of “some of you have noticed the pattern” I would guess that Multiplayer is penciled in the notes as a 300k stretch goal. I’m not saying I don’t think they can make that, I’d just rather have it out there on the kickstarter so people can get excited about it.

And just because they say “it’s no mystery that multiplayer will be a stretch goal” doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. So until that time I will remain vigilant! lol

That was what I was going for too. I wanna see where it falls as a stretch goal so I can be excited about it and we as a community can see how close we are to that goal

1 Like

I think they are probably counting out on how much they would probably need to get a functional multiplayer out there to us Stonehearthers. As with other stretch goals, how much they could need to get some of the work done and so on and so forth.

But it haven’t been a long times since they started their Kickstarter. So hopefully multiplayer stretch goal will be out there on the board soon! I think it also will give the Kickstarter a push so we can get more backers and more interests in the game =)

Stretch goals updated!

2 Likes

The flavour text (is that even in the right context) to go with the stretch goals reminded me of Bastion for some reason… and that is never a bad thing.

1 Like

Well, I guessed 300k for Co-Op, but I guess 400k works as well!

Thanks! Bastion was awesome.

Maybe a lan option? That would be super sweet. I mean a online cooperative would be cool too, but i feel like the number of games that lack a close multiplayer is really dishearting . I know for a fact this would be a game i would play with others if i could, heck if i had the money i would probably buy it for them too.

2 Likes

I know we are going to have 2 people building at the same time BUT can you give an option to make 2 towns so, one is yours and other players theirs.

And when in Multiplayer you should add characters so you can move around and do stuff and you would be able to see the other player as another character. So basically.

If playing Co-op, every player has their own design or workshop created character, when you play, every player moves with the character and moves around like an architect man.

Hope i gave a good idea for you Developers. Keep Up The Good Work! :ok_hand:

Wow for 2 years people havent posted on this post :confused: