Alpha General Questions [the common stuff goes here]!

you’re not doing anything wrong… that class is disabled, for now… :wink:

Technically, it is possible. The caravan can offer a trade for the trapper’s knife.

The caravan gave me stuff I thought I couldn’t get, like an extra Fire Pit.

And unlike the Trapper Knife, which was useless, the extra Fire Pit was fully functional.

4 Likes

Hi guys!
I’m really disturbed because my game usually gets like little stops (similar to lag spikes, but this is not an online game so…) It happens normally when I try to do several things at a time, like making a farm and harvest resources at the same time. This problem won’t go off when it starts unless the game crashes and I have to start a new map. I guess it’s because the game isn’t fully optimized yet. I just wanted to know if anyone was having the same problem.

PC specs:

• CPU: AMD FX-8350 - 8 core processor - 4.0GHz
  • GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series - 1GB - 1000MHz.
  • RAM: 8GB

This has been addressed before on another thread, but just to point out, the game consumes 26% of CPU, and that is A LOT.

Btw, it just crashed while I was writing this.

Little stops like in this video?

1 Like

Exactly. That’s it! Thanks for the video, that explains it perfectly.

1 Like

Well, I’m glad that’s not just me, then, because that means that as I expected, it’s a game thing, not a pc thing. I made a bug report about it here. Feel free to add to it if you feel I’ve left anything out or you just want to confirm the bug/lack of optimization/whatever.

3 Likes

thanks @Phagocytosis:+1:

given the overall state of this A4 client, it’s likely that this is just general “unoptimization” that will be addressed before the more stable A4 is released…

3 Likes

hello everyone, hope all is well. Ahh random question… will I ever get a blonde, redhead, or bearded villager? I know this was talked about in a stream where there are like a lot of different heads and its all random and some other fancy stuff, but I was just wondering. I really want a bearded villager… beards are cool

1 Like

yes, yes… and absolutely yes*… hope that helped! :smile:

*exactly when is unknown at this time

3 Likes

Now i want a bow tie villager that serves as a butler to a fancy pants noble villager…

because Bow Ties are cool.

2 Likes

Question:
Will there be more walls in the future because I have seen on the dev videos them using house walls not like proper castle walls also will archers or something be able to attack on top of them

hey there @JackPB… there will absolutely be additional material types for the walls, floors, etc. as for shapes, the walls will conform to the floor design you layout (and the extrude the walls from)…

unless I misunderstood the question?

edit: rereading , and you’re probably referring to things like crenellations and such?

Anyway that a temp. way to access cliffs can be enabled? Like they build a scaffold and can climb up the cliff, til stairs can be implemented. Loving the game so far, cant wait for more stuff.

1 Like

hey there @hert, welcome aboard! :smile:

some folks have creatively built layers of “floor levels” and other things stacked atop each other, and successfully accessed higher tiers of land…

O cool didnt think about that. Any ways here is a picture:

Farmer enjoying her house.

1 Like

Scaffolding bug has to be the most frustrating. They will get the building like 90% complete then forget to take down the scaffolding so the structure is useless. I also would suggest that the scaffolding doesnt block the doorways as sometimes a citizen can get stuck inside the house and cant get out because of the scaffolding.

1 Like

Thank you for the recent update. So many improvements and features have been deployed. I am really happy about the progress.

I’d like to to ask to take care of two bugs:

• Baskets with food not always transported to stock, no reason discoverable, citizens starving.
  • The major one: Bulding fences, tables, … sometimes they are floating instead of placed on the ground (new bug) and sometimes can not be moved again (showing the translucent new object place but nothing is done, since the last version I tried).

If these two problems are fixed it is nearly playable.

Thanks for reading and thanks again for your great work :slight_smile:

Were they perchance quite far away from stockpiles? That’s what happened to me before, and I thought it might have something to do with pathfinding for that reason.

hey there @silberling:smiley:

thanks for the feedback… if I’m not mistaken, both issues have been reported…