Alpha Build Bug - herbalists Wont Heal

Summary:
I was taking care of a story line kobold camp when raiders attacked the city. I’ve got a lot of wounded, but the herbalists wont heal them even with the materials at hand to do so.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Have Alpha Build
  2. Get rekt
  3. Have people that need healing

Expected Results:
Well I was hoping that my villagers would get healed. Almost all of my 6 farmers are laid up, starving in bed.

Actual Results:
My hearthlings are starving to death and there’s agony and angst everywhere.

Notes:
I have an error dump if this helps, I tbh, am not sure where to put it but this might help the devs? I can’t upload it though so

release-693 (x64)
placeholder PREV.item failed to return a value in “compound: heal entity” action
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘error’
stonehearth/services/server/ai/ai_service.lua:379: in function <stonehearth/services/server/ai/ai_service.lua:373>
[C]: in function ‘fn’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:346: in function ‘private_msg’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:543: in function ‘_dispatch_messages’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:403: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:384>
[C]: in function ‘suspend’
stonehearth/ai/actions/follow_path_action.lua:137: in function <stonehearth/ai/actions/follow_path_action.lua:41>
[C]: ?

[C]: in function ‘run’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:555: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:539>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function ‘xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:539: in function ‘_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:273: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function ‘xpcall’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270: in function ‘f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

Attachments:
I’m a new user so I can’t attach anything. :smiley:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Rayyas Children and the required “mods” are what I have in use
I am also on version 0.20.0

System Information:
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700HG CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
RAM: 8.00 (7.87 usable)
System: Windows 10 OS 64-bit, x64-based processor

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @RedFingerFish :slight_smile:

Thanks for reporting this!

1 Like

Thank you!

And yee. I don’t usually report bugs, but this one felt pretty game breaking and completely goes against the whole “lets the hearthlings save near death hearthlings from death with this cool new rescue feature.”

It is a great feature, btw. It worked earlier one one guy that I ended up nicknaming “lucky” because he got totally wrecked when he joined the village because he spawned right next to an invasion force.
This may have been because I had like 5+ peeps that needed to be taken care of and AI didn’t know who the help first. :smile_cat:

2 Likes

I heard it was related to injured people getting out of bed while the herbalist was on his way, but who knows :slight_smile:
Let’s hope it gets fixed soon.

2 Likes

@RedFingerFish, there is something I want to confirm, could you upload your savefile (where the bug happened)?

1 Like

The whole, get rekt, made me laugh out loud, thanks I needed that today :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m also having an issue where my Cleric’s not healing either? Idk if it’s some new thing I’m missing or if it’s actually a bug but he’s wasn’t healing my footman who got down to 1/4th health.

1 Like

I would be more than happy to, but I did keep playing despite the issue–would that effect the data in anyway?

For what I want to check, not really :slight_smile:

Ok, here is a compressed of the whole folder. I wasn’t sure if you just wanted one thing from the save file or the whole file–it’s also really big so I had to used box.com to upload it (I’ve never done that before so I’m not sure I’m sharing this right) https://app.box.com/s/a056e9ioc0bm9r59krmnvcynwrhkt5k6

1 Like

Okie, so here’s my Cleric, who is wounded, walking around with low health. He’s not healing himself. Two savegames are below as well. Prior to promotion from Herbalist I got this error:

release-693 (x64)
placeholder PREV.item failed to return a value in "compound: heal entity" action
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	stonehearth/services/server/ai/ai_service.lua:379: in function <stonehearth/services/server/ai/ai_service.lua:373>
	[C]: in function 'fn'
	stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:346: in function 'private_msg'
	stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:543: in function '_dispatch_messages'
	stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:403: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:384>
	[C]: in function 'suspend'
	stonehearth/ai/actions/run_effect_action.lua:79: in function <stonehearth/ai/actions/run_effect_action.lua:38>
	[C]: in function 'execute'
	[C]: in function 'run'
	stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:555: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:539>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall'
	stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:539: in function '_thread_main'
	stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:273: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall'
	stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270: in function 'f'
	radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

Pictured below:

Savegames:

Herbalist wounded. Got error message above with it:

1484357712106.zip (4.2 MB)

Cleric not healing self savegame:
1484357995087.zip (4.2 MB)

When I loaded the game, the UI didn’t come up the first time. I had to press f5 to refresh it. The Cleric then proceeded to heal himself. Subsequent loads the game loaded fine and he started healing himself. So the problem isn’t persistent over loads.

2 Likes

having the same problem. two injured footmen, won’t go to rest in bed --> herbalist doesn’t realize there are injured hearthlings

2 Likes

This should be fixed on r695, feel free to post if you see it again.
@daisyj201, how much injured were your footmen in terms of health/max_health?

They won’t go to rest on a bed if their health is above certain percentage.

1 Like

it was pretty bad, less than 1/2 health. sometimes they would go to a bed, but then they’d get up to eat and wouldn’t go back