Hi fellow Stoneheartians,
Naturally, when I saw the Alpha 21 update I had to try it out.
I booted up the game, was happy to see that I could carry on with my a20 savefile and pressed the coninue button.
Once in-game, after ignoring the common errors, I noticed a heavy degredation in the fps I got. Waiting for it to solve itself I played for a bit but things only seemed to get worse. Monitoring the fps showed me a mere 13 fps no matter what I did.
I tried to disable mods, make a fresh start and lower all the possible settings but to no avail.
To make sure it wasn’t anything to do with my computer I opted out of the latest branch to get back to a20. Even before I was in the game, thnings were a lot smoother. Even the menu in a21 was limited to 13 fps while in a20 I saw thousands. In-game the game ran smoothly. With all setting maxed and mods enabled I still managed 100+ fps during the day only to see it drop to 50-60 at night with a lot of lamps and fire on screen with their respective light-emitted features.
After more research showed my pc using 60% cpu and 80% gpu on the a20 build and then drop to 50% cpu and only 40% cpu when in a21.
I sense the game has trouble allocating resources correctly to my system. I know the new pathfinding should decrease cpu power necesarry, but should not affect gpu. I am unable to show you any real graphs unfortunatly but tell me how to do so if that would help.
Win 10 64bit
Intel I5 6600k
nVidia GTX 970
Game booted from harddisk