Alpha 17 kills previous door and window mods

Just a note to anyone with a door and/or window mod - Alpha 17’s update to the building menu seems to have removed the option to use custom doors and windows, so I’m guessing all such mods will require some adjusting to get them working again.

2 Likes

Hi!
Doors and windows are now inlocked in the menu the same way as furniture. you need a crafter of the appropriate level to make the door or you need to have them in your inventory.
Thanks,
-Yang

2 Likes

@yshan, something has indeed changed here…just did a quick test with my doorway mod, and they are not showing up in the building editor, despite being craftable by the carpenter, and having 5 sitting in my inventory.

3 Likes

Oh interesting I will look into it
Thanks for reporting this.
-Yang

1 Like

Would you like this to remain here in #modding, or would you consider this a #support:bug-reports?

Oh wait I think I know. Try changing mod doors and windows item category to door or window respectively. I had to break the construction category into doors and windows for the change.

1 Like

One moment please…

Edit: That’ll do it @yshan, thanks!

So…will this change break mod compatibility with previous builds?

I think changing the category is fine for backwards compatibility. The game handles category changes fine. It’s … Probably best to double check though :slight_smile:
-Yang

Yeah, I realized I could easily change Steam branches and check myself, seems to be fine in A16. Looks like this is all resolved then, thanks @Mechanismatic for the heads up!

1 Like

Wait I think it will show a missing string in the town inventory category … :frowning:
-Yang

I didn’t look at town inventory, only that it appeared in the building editor :frowning:. More testing!!!

Yeah…broken string in the town inventory, but unless you know how to get around that, I can live with it. A bad string isn’t game breaking, while not appearing in the building editor is.

I THINK you can mix into en.json the missing category strings. Not sure if you are interested in doing that, but it’s one possible work around

1 Like

Will look into that tomorrow, getting late here!