Alpha 14 work, I need to take a break for a while, Sorry everyone :(

No problem :slightly_smiling: developers all help each other :slightly_smiling:

3 Likes

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the lack of posts with this, I’ve been extremely busy, I made a tiny bit of progress, I am trying my best to work on this, but stuff in life get in the way. But hopefully I’ll have it complete within two weeks xD

Here’s where I’ve got so far

I realize one building was missing an wooden pole thing, but hopefully its not noticeable

This is one of my fav pictures so far, It looks so good, at least to me :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyway, Sorry It’s not much but hopefully you like the progress so far! :smile:

7 Likes

Hey everyone!

I’ve made some awesome but again small progress, My game glitched out badly, and I had like 50 enemy’s spawn right in the middle of my town, Then they all started fighting each other, and then spawning over and over again, and my footmen froze in fear xD, So I had to revert to a old save meaning I didn’t get to much done.

I’m starting to think I’m using to many lights, but what if hearthlings are scared of the dark, It’d be terrible!

I remember seeing these type of roofs on a old kickstarter pic, and for over a year I really wanted to see what it would look like, So I added them, I love the blue roofs :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope you guys like it so far, I feel like I’m slowly making progress now, :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey again,

I’ve made some more progress,

But first, I must share another epic pause catch moment!

Now that’s posted, onto the progress :smile:

So I wanted to work on the outside of my town, and felt it lacked story that showed some previous life, so I made a tiny structure of a house that’s been destroyed and abandoned. Bigger and more detailed ones are going to be added soon,

I added the logs, wall posts as if enemy’s / outsiders camped there for a few days and left, like little seats :stuck_out_tongue:

Few new houses to finish the first circle of houses,

This is the stairway that will lead to the armoury and underground safe, where all the junk I mean towns most valuable items will be kept,

Still a lot of work to do, Today was just starting tiny things which will be big parts later on, I’ll probably post less frequently so it looks like mores done, I spend hours a day on this, and not much looks changed, So I’ll limit it to big changes,

Anyway, As always, Hope you like! :slightly_smiling:

8 Likes

How are you making the castle walls? I’ve been using the free standing ones, are you just building floors and regular walls and sticking slabs on top or???

Hey!

I’ve been building all the walls with slabs, its easier because it gives me more high on the walls, and then I added roads to it as the walkway,

Hope that helped :slightly_smiling:

4 Likes

Hey everyone,

I’m so sorry for not updating this and being really inactive, I’ve been overloaded with work, I have a load of spare time now (Yayy), So I’m wondering, Is anyone interested in seeing this complete? Because honestly I messed up with the walls, I’m ashamed the walls have no design xD, But thats not the problem, the problems the size, I went and added them to fast, I can make it work if you guys want to see it complete.

If not, I’d start on the biggest project I’ve ever done, Which would be Slab city! I’ve talked about this a lot since alpha 10, Alpha 14 feels right to make it,

Please let me know if you’d like to see it finished, or if you’d prefer seeing slab city, I wanted to make a castle in this current project, but sadly there’s not enough room, So I’d fill it with houses, and protection structures and halls and stuff. Again sorry for the inactive, I don’t mean to leave work like this for a long time :’(

3 Likes

It is not a problem, it happens.

I personally would mind seeing a finished product/project… But it is ok if you really do want to move onto something else, know that feeling well enough. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ll see how far I can get on this build then before moving on! i just downloaded the Humble Bundle version, So the game should be safe XD

Here’s another random funny pause moment until I make some progress!

I should have an update later today, if not tomorrow! Thanks for the support! :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

Hey everyone! (Again :wink: )

I’ve been working on this pretty much since my last post, Here’s the progress made today!

This is the armoury so far, like 10 hours later and they’re still figuring out the walls!

This is the new cafe / restaurant

Hope you all like it so far, This is about 10 / 11 hours of work straight :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

This is just crazy; are you going to invade all the map ? :grin:

Hopefully! If I get enough time and the game remains as stable as it is currently, I may attempt to fill the entire world with a giant town, But for now i’ll focus on completing the inside, Then possibly a castle outside the walls, then the world (Evil laugh) :wink: :

Please try to release at least a little room for monsters in order to let them spawn otherwise that won’t be fun anymore :smirk:

1 Like

Yeah, I’d defiantly give them a spawning area, well enough for them to fight each other, I heard about a bug that if they can’t spawn it crashes the game, So keeping them spawning is the main priority if and when I get to that point :slightly_smiling:

But hey, you’ve not finished yet, you have plenty of time anyway :grin:

Hey everyone,

Sorry this is so long guys,

I’d like to start of by apologizing, I don’t think I’ll be able to finish this, I’ve tried my best to remain dedicated and attempt to finish this, but the truth is I’m burn out at the moment. When I started playing almost 2 years ago I couldn’t get enough of Stonehearth, But I’ve played it so much and at every opportunity I just can’t seem play it any more. When I posted my first build the amount of support was amazing, and the amount of support is still amazing and I’m so grateful for all of it. But I feel like the standards of my builds have dropped, and I’ve tried to out do my own builds and it’s lost originality, and honestly, at this very moment my heart hasn’t fully been into the builds, and I feel it shows. The only thing I can do at this point is take a few months away from Stonehearth, I don’t dislike the game, I still love it and will always support it, I just need to take a while away until my passion and heart are truly into the builds and game again. I feel like I’ve been playing to try and make amazing builds, and I’ve done it so much I just can’t stand the idea of building anything at this point. I don’t want to keep playing and lose all heart and never play again, And I feel If I keep forcing myself to build things It’ll happen. and Stonehearth is an amazing game and I don’t want that to happen. Please don’t hate me for leaving xD

So at this point, I’d like to take a moment to thank the mods for not only all your hard work around the discourse but support on my newer and older builds, So thank you @Geoffers747 @SteveAdamo @8BitCrab @Relyss @jomaxro thank you guys for all the hard work around the discourse on a daily basis and how dedicated you are to the forums and providing support. You’ve made it enjoyable and an amazing place to be.

I’d like to thank all the devs for all the hard work so far and all the continued work into this epic one of a kind game! @sdee @yshan @tom @Ponder @brad @linda @Albert @not_owen_wilson

I’d also like to thank @micheal_handy76_mh and @Atralane for being a huge inspiration on my builds, Seeing what amazing stuff you guys made always made me want to work harder and keep improving, You two in my opinion are two of the best builders in Stonehearth! Keep up the amazing work guys, I love seeing what you guys make!

Sorry this seems a little out of place and random, I felt I needed to thank everyone and say sorry for leaving, I will be back I don’t know when, But thank you everyone for one of the best expirences in game and on the discourse I could have asked for, the support has been nothing short of amazing, Keep up the amazing work guys, When I return I’ll be making even better builds than ever before! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Leon, there is never a need to apologize for taking a step back from Stonehearth. I believe I am speaking for the community when I say that we all appreciate seeing the amazing work that you do. However, you should only continue working while it is something that is enjoyable to you. The moment it stops being enjoyable, you should take a step back and re-evaluate, which is exactly what you did. I hope we will see you back someday, but please remember that Stonehearth should be a fun and enjoyable experience, not something that is a “burden”.

Good luck, and we look forward to seeing even greater things in the future :smiley:!

7 Likes

Thank you, That means a lot and I’m really glad you understand, and you’re right, it should be enjoyable which sadly I’ve been missing for a few months now, I’m sure it will become enjoyable again after a break, Thanks again, I appreciate it :slightly_smiling:

Er… To be fair, I’ve been taking a relatively long hiatus from building myself. Working on academic stuff, but I’m hoping to maybe get back to a project in the future…eventually!

To be fair, you’re not the only one feeling burnt out. I’ve been trying to think of some nice, unique builds, but It gets hard when you feel like you’re exhausting all the possible components in an attempt to keep building larger things.

If anything, some time away might be exactly what is needed to recapture some inspiration. I think I can finally start looking at it again, but not until my research is in order for this semester.

3 Likes

Yeah, I noticed I hadn’t seen any work from you in a while,but remember seeing you posting something about taking time to focus on other things. Glad I’m not the only one feeling burn out and can totally relate to finding it hard to come up with new ideas and stuff, I found myself there hours at a time in a nice world wondering what I could make, then it ended up with a new world trying something different. I was talking about in general your builds have been an inspiration, but anyway, I wish you good luck with your academic stuff. and again agreed, I believe time away does help create inspiration. :slight_smile:

1 Like