Alpha 11 Idle workers, a billion goblins, Lua often maxed

Workers appear to have the idle syndrome from previous alphas again.

Lua is chugging along constantly at 80+%

Goblins stuck outside of my walled settlement keep piling up.

Anyone else experiencing similar?

2 Likes

about goblin I faced that too. about 1 camp per 2 days-in-game

Mine are all from the main chieftan camp. They’re just spawning and forming around the spooky bonfire in a tight square.

could you provide us with a screenshot?

1 Like

2 Likes

well the goblins look like they are just bugged out for some reason, and im guessing that the LUA is maxed out due to all those goblins.

did you perhaps deny the goblins their demand?

1 Like

I accepted their first demand while my walls were finishing up. When the walls were done I told them to jog on, the notification about appeasing the goblins stayed up for a little while. Goblins presumably couldn’t get in due to my walls being complete, and they’ve sat there ever since, except for killing my weaver who for some reason decided to head outside the walls (in retrospect I think it may have been an attempt to chop down a tree I had marked from like day 2 haha)

I had a footwoman die in the forest by starving because she just wouldn’t move. This is probably just the Goblins eating up all the resources. Otherwise one worker seems to be allowed to move at a time, do a small amount of a task before going catatonic.

2 Likes

the workers not moving, or moving very little, is most likely due to the LUA maxing out.

edit: were/are you making a building taller then 3 stories?

Nope, I’m building a grand hall two floors max, a large building in the centre, two two-story towers on either side, and a smaller building on top.

2 Likes

hmm… that building might be a problem, try using the ib command and see if lua is still maxing out

scratch that, i dont know how to open up the console now that the ~ key is for pause…

Trying to open console crashed the game, now I’m treated to 36 pages of errors.

Alternating between: develop-2477 (x64)c++ exception: lua runtime errorstack traceback:

and:

develop-2477 (x64)…s/construction_data/construction_data_component.luac:97: attempt to index field ‘entity’ (a nil value)stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…s/construction_data/construction_data_component.luac:97: in function ‘set_contributes_to_score’
…s/construction_data/construction_data_component.luac:16: in function <…s/construction_data/construction_data_component.luac:15>

So you may be onto something with the construction.

what key opens the console for you?

left control + left shift + c

2 Likes

thanks for the help :smile:

1 Like

no prob mr crab! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Haven’t seen this before (I haven’t gotten past like three buildings yet :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) but I was wondering what the new open console key was.

None of the Radiant devs are former Maxis employees are they? :laughing: ctrl+lshift+c is in like everyone of their games. I find it a little humorous.

I noticed the maxis thing too, was wondering if its coincidence or an easter egg :stuck_out_tongue:

crtl+shift+c i believe

2 Likes

@Lucielillo already beat you to it :wink:

There was a goblin base next to my base. I moved my workers to their base to loot the stuff by using the loot option. After it was done the workers are just staying there and not coming back to base. It’s like all my assigned work is being paused. Plus one of my worker does not want to get out of water even though there is a ladder to come up but still it just stays there.