ACE - Authorized Community Expansion Project

Ahhhh. The one profession I don’t have yet. Thanks gamer.

2 Likes

So I have another problem with fuels. Hearthlings do NOT like putting fuels in things that require them, especially if it’s anything other than wood. Take my cook cauldron for example. I didn’t have access to firewood yet so I ticked for it to also allow the use of the boughs for cooking fuel. They would not, even after letting the game run for nearly 15 minutes without adding any new tasks, add that fuel to the cauldron. When I finally relented and ticked wood, they added it. Now that I have firewood they ARE adding firewood but only if I also allow wood to be added. I didn’t want to use wood at first because it’s a precious commodity when you’re playing NA.

Now I’m having a problem with the blacksmith furnace. They will not add pieces of charcoal to the furnace. They seem to just ignore it and the fact there is charcoal available and it is perfectly accessible. They were able to put the charcoal in the chest, but they seem unwilling to take it out. For some reason they were fine adding the lumps of coal to the crucible, LOL, but they keep ignoring the furnace so my Blacksmith won’t work. As an experiment, I allowed wood to be added to the furnace and they almost immediately filled it with wood, in spite of charcoal being available in a chest next to the furnace. If this is how it’s going to work, I’m going to run out of wood very fast while waiting for trees to grow.

Addendum: When I ticked lumps of coal for the furnace, they filled it with that. They’re still ignoring the charcoal as if it doesn’t exist.

1 Like

I failed to reproduce this issue, they’re using boughs and charcoal normally for fuel here (when asked to) so I’m unsure what could cause such an issue…

The only thing that comes to mind is a mod messing with filters and/or tags, however I don’t think any mod is touching that already since this has been added recently (on this update) and AFAIK no mods are altering charcoal or boughs yet…

So I’m unsure :thinking: :frowning: Would need more info to figure it out - are you using other mods? Or a certain people?

1 Like

I have so many mods. I did get rid of mods like better storage some time back since they are woefully out of date and that functionality is part of ACE. It’s just very odd. It seems to be the charcoal and boughs they don’t like. With the blacksmith, I thought maybe there was a problem with the container I was using so I made a stockpile just for fuels. They wouldn’t take the charcoal out of the stockpile but did take the lumps of coal. I made a new save because the blacksmith was having issues with other things and will see if I can repeat the problem. If I can replicate it in this save, I’ll start disabling mods and see if there’s one triggering the issue. I’ll get back to you!

1 Like

I’m already seeing a difference in this save with the same mods I had enabled yesterday. Don’t have the blacksmith yet but they are putting boughs in my oven and cauldron when they wouldn’t at all in the other save.

1 Like

got a list of mods you have? we usually know ones that can potentially cause issues.

1 Like

Hi, I’ve been loving the ACE mod for a couple of years and for the first time I have a question; Since the last update I can’t understand how to make the farmers grow the flowers, I only see the ornamental flower fields and those cannot be harvested.
I tried to make them learn with the seeds but at the time of putting the cultivation field I did not The flower option comes out … it is probably a very silly and easy question to solve, but it is driving me crazy …
I appreciate the help in advance and excuse me, my English I am not very good with the language.

3 Likes

There is information about the Herbalist Planters, right in this discussion. Look up further, or try this link to the post number: ACE Herbalist Planters

3 Likes

3 Likes

Here I go again to interrupt you with my problems, it turns out that now the workshops give me the problem of not crafting anything …
I get this error …

release-949 (x64)[M]
smart_crafter/smart_craft_order_list.lua:226: attempt to compare nil with number
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
smart_crafter/smart_craft_order_list.lua:226: in function ‘_sc_get_least_valued_entity’
smart_crafter/smart_craft_order_list.lua:209: in function ‘_sc_get_recipe_cost’
smart_crafter/smart_craft_order_list.lua:186: in function ‘_sc_get_recipe_info_from_ingredient’
smart_crafter/smart_craft_order_list.lua:67: in function ‘add_order’
stonehearth/components/workshop/craft_order_list.lua:109: in function <stonehearth/components/workshop/craft_order_list.lua:103>

Remove Smart Crafter

ACE has its own built-in version and you don’t need the mod :merry:

Check out the “Incompatible Mods” section of our discord to make sure your game has no issues in the mod selection :jubilant: (or share the mods here and we’ll help you sort them out!)

7 Likes

So first off. Ace is awesome. Loving all the changes, balances and additions. Just curious, any idea what’s going to be in next update? Looking forward to the sneak peek Thursday, I think it was. Can’t wait to see what you have up your sleeves. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Chill man, let the team recharge batteries, they’ve just released a big update!

3 Likes

The Preview Thursdays will probably come back once we have lots of things to share, yes. But for now, we’re just fixing/patching this version and getting some rest/doing other things, as Pawel says :merry:

4 Likes

I’m waiting for herb system change to come back as a topic because I intentionally haven’t voted in the poll (Dani knows my opinion probably too well - Too Many Categories™ xD).

2 Likes

I did post a report on the “ACE Discussion” chat the other day about the results of the polls, and the results basically go with the big discussion we had about it previously, and actually can be improved with about the same ideas and changes that we proposed the other day (the lowering of types + removal of “double factors” for a single crafting recipe; the “discovery” of new herbs, changing the paradigm from physical seeds to a “seed unlock” similar to farming, etc…)

So it’s only a matter of releasing the next incremental patch that is almost done and going back to that to call this version “finished” and start the trek to 1.0 :merry:

3 Likes

Erm, not being rude but the whole ACE is a “trek to 1.0” since the very beginning :rofl:
I mean, it’s still better than Voxailles…

2 Likes

Heh, yes. :jubilant:

But I meant it more in the sense of finally, actually putting the 1.0 on the Unstable branch and making it happen, at last :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh boi hype is here

The ACE update is awesome. What you’ve done is so good. Thanks.

5 Likes