ACE - Authorized Community Expansion Project

hello, is this still being worked on?

1 Like

The best place to keep up with all the work-in-progress is the ACE Discord, link available at the top of the thread :merry:

3 Likes

Hi!
I couldn’t see the download ACE link
Help me plsss
Many tks.

1 Like

You can find the download link in the release thread of the lastest version!

i love stone hearth bot i can no longer lanch the game i just got a nuw pc withe windows 11 on it and i think i can no langer lanch cuze windows 11 can you help ore give any advice on how to inprove tho situation

Greetings, everyone! :merry:

Tonight I want to announce the return of something that a lot of you enjoyed a lot…

Surprise Sunday!

Yes, that is correct!

For those of you that are not familiar with it, it is very simple… I’ll post a picture and that picture contains one major thing and any number of secondary objectives (or none) to be “found” by you all!

If you are able to spot the major thing - which is usually easy to spot - and the secondary objectives, I’ll talk more about them next thursday on a Preview Thursday!

That way you can already start getting excited (and take a glimpse) of what is coming on the next version of ACE!

Finally, I’d like to remind you all that if you do know what is being shown (i.e.: involved with development, using the unstable/test version of ACE, etc…) we ask you to please not participate :merry: and leave the guessing for the people that truly do not know what is being shown!

Alright, with all that out of the way… The picture!

Happy guessing and I’ll see you all next thursday :jubilant:

6 Likes

Renown
the bunnys look different

1 Like

Woah!

Only one answer… But it’s okay, because that answer is correct!
Sure, it’s a bit obvious I’d guess… But I couldn’t think of a less obvious way to showcase this new system…

Unfortunately the guess on the “bonus” objective was wrong - these are just Arctic biome bunnies and there’s nothing new/different about them… Those candlesticks, though… Who knows, eh? :wink:
Too late though!

So, let’s talk…

Renown

Welcome to Preview Thursday #15 - but the first in a long time!
Renown is not exactly a new mechanic, but an extension and improvement of an already existing mechanic in ACE: titles

What happens now is that - similarly to trophies and achievements on some gaming platforms - titles will have a renown value and every hearthling will have a Total Renown, which is the sum of all their exploits!

With renown, you now have a numerical, clear way of “measuring” the heroism and the feats of your hearthlings! There are, of course, incredibly valuable titles - and many titles that are not worth that much but will, over time, sum up to great amounts.

I can’t wait to actually see people sharing pictures of their hearthlings with incredibly high renown - and the stories that come along with it!

Additionally, as you may notice from the pictures above, the title system itself has seen some love with some extra titles to be earned, icons next to their names and also a new (and very useful) setting that will allow you to always have their “highest renown title” used. Previously, you only had the option to show the last title earned… Which was a bit of a bummer since Mer Burlyhands the Floating Hand of Justice could turn into Mer Burlyhands, Caffeinated overnight… :jubilant: You can still use that setting if you enjoy it - but we now give the option to use the highest renown title - and, of course, you can still customize and lock the title you want.

Another thing that should be mentioned is that while weapons still have titles, they do not have renown. This statistic is specific to hearthlings!

Whenever a hearthling achieves a new title, you’ll be notified of its renown on the title window, like this:

But you can also check the values of each title (and tier) by heading to the Entity Info of your hearthling. Please note that a title that has multiple tiers will always provide the renown of the highest tier - they’re not added but “overriden”. Obviously, the higher the tier - the higher the renown.

In addition to that, there are also two new traits connected to the renown system. Other than affecting the renown received, these traits will also boost some stats (courage, menace and inspiration for Braggart; compassion and diligence for Modest) and give them some extra subjects.

Alright… A question remains, however: Other than the cosmetic and “competitive” (for fun!) effect of Renown, what does it really add? Does it change anything within the game? Will having lots of heroes with high renown be benefitial in any way?

Well, yes! Renown can be used for multiple things, some of which are only planned - for now - like quests or special events… However the most practical, daily effect of your citizens’ renown will be while they talk to each other!

Whenever hearthlings engage on conversation, they’ll also check the difference between their renown values. The higher the difference, the higher the mood boost will be for the person with lower renown - after all they are interacting with such a legendary character! And if both of them are also relatively renowed, both will benefit from the conversation - like a friendly chat between local heroes!

At least they’ll be getting something out from all the talking now, right? :jubilant: I jest, of course…

Well, that’s it for the Renown mechanics! More details and information will be specified on the Patch Notes, whenever they come out…
Ah - and it’s probably important to mention that renown is retro-compatible… So all your characters that already have titles will receive their proper renown for them!

Stay tuned for the next Sunday for another Surprise Sunday!

Stay warm and have a great weekend! :merry: :heart:

10 Likes

i cant wait for my one hearthling to get like 20000 renown and give a +20 mood bonus to every hearthling they talk to xD
also yes please add more significance to talking it’s so bland

2 Likes

Looks awesome, especially the implementation in the conversation system! And great to see Preview Thursday back! Thanks a lot for the hard work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, everyone! :merry:

Yes, it’s sunday again! And you know what that means…

This week we have some fun stuff!
This picture has one main objective and two secondary objectives! One of the secondary objectives is special, however… And will be revealed anyway - but I’d like to see the guesses for what that is! :jubilant:

So…

Surprise Sunday!

(The Julstad contest-winning templates are a courtesy of Atikin :heart: )

5 Likes

Glowing windows and display tables for items

2 Likes

Boy, I haven’t played Stonehearth in a long while … but it seems that there’s some sphere in the center of the picture, that I’ve not seen before.

1 Like

Glowy Windows are from Banto’s mod :slight_smile:

You can find it on the Workshop already!

Ohh? But what is it? :jubilant:

1 Like

Is it the new tables in the baker shop? Looks super cute! And maybe new winter outfits?

1 Like

It’s definitely the thing where we trade our renown points for tabards! … No? … Okay.

It’s an armillary sphere, but I dunno for what. Maybe some stuff related to the stars. Star Tabards!

3 Likes

lets seee
i see a bunch of tiny shelves with items on them, is that a thing? :thinking:
(on second inspection, looks like display tables! cool!)
i also see the cool looking fountain, maybe there’s some new types?
also those poyos make me go yeeeeeee

2 Likes

I recognise the glowing windows from Banto’s mods, the iron chairs from Powel’s and the candle-holder from some other mod. Further, the outfits seem to be from the Frostfeast event.

The display tables are new and the monument in the center is new too; from the hearth essence in the middle, it seems geomancy-related, and the form of it reminds me of an armil, as said before.

Finally, have snowflakes always been rendered with such detail?

2 Likes

Ding ding ding! Congratulations, you’ve spotted the main objective! :jubilant:

That is indeed one of the secondary objectives - the one that we were going to reveal anyway!
But well spotted :merry:

Finally, I want to congratulate this very complete observation!

Very precise in observing what is what (those are indeed the mods you mentioned and it is indeed a hearth essence in that monument!) And with the comment on snow flakes, we’ve found all objectives! Yay!

So let’s head into another Preview Thursday - and let’s start with…

Display Counters (Shops)

Not exactly a new feature, but an improvement upon existing mechanics, we’re adding some content that will allow your town to finally have some nice looking stores and shops!

Counters are, like any other piece of furniture, crafted by one of the three main crafters in the game (Carpenter, Mason and Potter) and can be used for anything you want, like kitchen counters or a fancy modular table. If you’re familiar with the bar counters (that are now named “Bar” parts) you’ll see that these are not that different.

The big difference when it comes to other pieces of furniture is that they can be transformed. Not all parts can be transformed - only the midsections and outer corners can - but all in all, they come in all possible sizes from one item displayed to four items displayed.

Once the transformation is requested, your hearthlings will bring a bolt of cloth and perform the work needed. Please note that this process is irreversible, but that’s ok! You can always craft another counter if needed.

As soon as they’re done transforming the counters into display counters, you can click them to set your products. Display counters work exactly like the “Market Shelves” already in the game do, but they offer you a wider set of possible sizes, which is good for different types of products. For example, the base game shelves will hold up to 20 items, which can be a problem if you want to sell some fancy armor pieces. With display shelves you can now have a lot more variety when offering products!

A fully stocked shop is a very nice sight!

And to add even more options, there is now a half-sized version of the market shelves already in the game! This brings the storage options you have for selling items to both travelers and players to the following set: 20 items; 10 items; 4 items; 3 items; 2 items; 1 item.

And to make your store truly complete, there’s one more (and very special) piece of furniture that you can craft! A Counter Desk, which acts as a value booster. Basically, any items being sold by shelves or display counters that are within 12 blocks of a Counter Desk will have their value increased by 12% - extra gold for your town!

Oh! And of course you’ll want your store to also look the part, right? So we’ve added a couple of new decorations that will fit right in…

We look forward to see what nice stores and crafter houses the community will be able to make with these additions! So get ready to hear the coins dropping :jubilant:

This is it for the “main objective” this week… Now let’s take a quick look on the other two!

Snowflakes

As observed by @David_Abreu , the snowflakes are indeed different! Their level of detail is the same, actually - but we’ve replaced their models!

This is a change that has been suggested long ago by @Pawel_Malecki ! As a chemist, looking at snowflakes with 4 points was hurting him - so we’ve finally replaced them with proper, 6-pointed ice crystals!

Community & Radiant Shrines

And the second minor objective was spotting the new monument in the middle of the town square in that picture. There are actually two new monuments, both can be acquired through merchants after your town has reached the Tier 3 (Shrine upgrade) and they are very special…

The first one is called the “Radiant Shrine” - and, as you can guess, it’s a homage to the Radiant Entertainment dev team! Yes, it moves. And yes, it casts crazy shadows as it moves!

But its coolest feature, probably, is within its “Component Info” window (the i button next to their name when you click stuff!)

It will show you a short message from the ACE Team and the names of all the Team Radiant developers, contributors and community moderators! :jubilant: :heart:

It might also have one extra cool thing about it… It is said that if you get really close to it, you can hear a nice song from the distant past… :wink:

The second monument is the Community Shrine and this…

Well, this one is also very special!
But I’ll only be able to talk more about it once we announce something else! :merry: Sorry! :forlorn:

And this is a wrap on this week’s Preview Thursday!
Thank you all for participating and we’ll meet again soon! :jubilant:

8 Likes

More decorations, yes! :ok_hand:
Do the food items that are on display decay?

A cool addition, I will look forward to the release!

2 Likes