[A20+] Patrol Points

no I already removed them. sorry I guess I haven’t been making myself super clear

I was playing a game and then added the patrol points mod to that game, but it became unusually stuttery after I got to 16 hearthlings so I removed the patrol points, but the stuttering didn’t go away, so I removed the mod entirely and now its fine. my impression is that its either running when it shouldn’t be or its slowing down lua just by being in my mods folder somehow without even placing a patrol point at all.

I’d have to test this some more by starting a fresh game with the mod in it from the start, but I suspect it will still be stuttery

ahh ok but this mod doesnt change anything of the codes … it should be better the game because there are less points to patrol for the soldiers - normally they patrol all fields, crates etc. so the pathfinding should be less because its have less points

1 Like

right, thats why I was saying it is super wierd that its actually running slower than vanilla. I have no idea why its causing stutters. I’ll have to do some testing I guess

well after adding the mod again, and placing some patrol points, now its not stuttering anymore like it was previously. I guess I’ll let you know if I find anything noteworthy. for a minute I thought it might be another bug with smartcrafter, not sure what to think now as it seems to be fine. lets see if it turns out to be a sneaky bug that only appears when you are not looking for it :unamused:

1 Like

it happened again. I just placed 1 patrol point and then the lua cpu usage went up for no reason and stayed there until i removed the mod. idk what its doing, but it doesn’t seem to work with modded Alpha 22.5

mods I was using:
better stockpiles
clear sky
daily update tracker
finery
gold count
smart crafter
tree stump w tree stump regrow

the thing is, I haven’t even placed anything from the finery mod into this particular game yet, so it can’t be that one.

1 Like

I will test it again

1 Like

thank you, I appreciate it.
I’m suspecting it has something to do with me needing to restart stonehearth after placing a patrol point, but I am not sure about it. like I said before putting the patrol point back into the game after removing it, the lua didn’t go crazy the second time around. that also doesn’t make sense since you specifically say in the OP to only use this mod in a new game, which I did.

sooo tested - placed 5 points and 8 soldiers - lua started for less then 1ms with 83% (just for the first point) and after this there are less then 1ms spikes of ~40% after the have finished one point.

without mod: 8 soldiers 1 stockpile and 1 crate - start spike 81% and after finish checkpoint ~40% …

-> sooo sry i cant find an issue …

1 Like