Military hearthlings (footman, knight, archer, cleric) won’t patrol. They just go idle or do hauling as if their job is disabled (when their job isn’t disabled).
Steps to reproduce:
- Update from previous development release (develop-3023?) to Release 556
- Load an older save
- Make sure your military party isn’t set to "defend’ or something, and isn’t attacking anything
They patrol, like they did in previous development release (develop-3023?) when they aren’t doing anything.
They go idle and/or do hauling, and nothing seems to make them want to patrol. Things I tried include:
- demoting to worker and promoting them back
- removing everyone form the party and adding them back to the party
- making them attack or defend something, then cancelling the order
- disabling their job in the “citizens” list and then enabling it again
- selecting one and using the “reset” command in the game’s console
- using the “reset”, “ai_reconsider” and “fixup_components” commands from “debugtools” on them
I’m not sure I actually want this bug to be fixed!
With the current behaviour it seems impossible to get them to patrol like they should (which is a minor inconvenience I guess, especially if they get a little XP when patrolling now); but with military helping out with hauling my kingdom is far more efficient (items produced by miners, farmers, trappers, etc are getting put into stockpiles/chests quickly); and (unlike disabling their job in the “citizens” list) they still do the rest of their military work properly (attacking targets without being ordered to, etc).
Version Number and Mods in use:
Release 566, better stockpiles (but tested without better stockpiles too)