Desktop Tuesday: The Engineer

Quite the opposite.

I decided I want my kingdom to be as awesome as possible (I always do). There’s only a limited amount of ores on the map, so I wanted to make sure I could collect/mine all of it (eventually). My plan was to build a huge fort in the middle of the map; but starting with that is inefficient (too much time wasted for miners/haulers to walk between middle of map to/from the corners of the map). For this reason I decided it’d be best to start with a temporary camp in one corner, terraform that corner, then shift camp to the next corner and do that area, and so on; then start building my fort in the middle after the “distant corners” were done.

The result? 45 hearthlings with most civilians trained to level 6 in at least 2 different roles (including 3 engineers) and most military trained to level 6 in 4 roles (either farmer, footman, knight, archer; or herbalist, cleric, footman, archer), everyone with the best equipment they can have, every recipe and role unlocked, all quests that couldn’t be postponed completed (all except the “gong quests” - was saving them for “end game”), all stockpiles replaced with golden vaults, etc. I hadn’t even finished 25% of the first corner, and didn’t build a single building - it was just a temporary initial camp.

Note: if you want to see for yourself; a slightly earlier version of this world was uploaded here: Military Won't Patrol (Release 566) - #9 by Brendan

1 Like